Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden IQ - Problems - Can the system be rebooted, reset, or restarted?

Cruisin68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Picked up my new sportswagon four weeks ago and the IQ system worked without any problems at all - until now. Half the time it will now only allow access to the radio and no other source , or on occassions it won't recognise the reversing camera, will no longer pair with my phone, or won't play music from the USB port. On the rare occasions where the reversing camera will work the guideance lines are now in the wrong location and there is static/lines over the screen.

After years of buying Holdens and having a couple of disasters with a new Monaro and then a new Statesman I moved to the dark side (Ford) with no issues for years - now back to Holden with this sportswagon and wish I'd stayed with the blue oval - at least they address their problems............... After a little research I now find that Holden have had these issues with their IQ system since it was launced - and they are still selling it with the same problems not being fixed (obviously quality and customer satisfaction haven't moved up their list at all). At least the timing was good - we had to make a decision to update out fleet of cars at work this week - They were going to be Sportswagons but we'll get another batch of Toyota Klugers (you just put the key in and everything works.....and keeps on working).

Does anyone know how to reboot/restart/reset the IQ system, or have access to the software the dealer can apparently re-install (I believe they re-install the software by placing it onto a USB key)? Is there a combination of buttons to press to force a re-boot like what can be done to enter the engineering mode for the dash?.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help.......

JOTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II SV6 Ute
Holden have recently sent out a letter to customers who purchased a vehicle between Oct 10 and April 11. The have updated the software for the system. Got the update done today, it's so much better now

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I don't know how to reboot the system beyond turning the car off, opening/closing the door and then starting the car again. In the 10.000km I have run the IQ system (HSV version) it has failed to boot on 2 starts and fails to pair with my iPhone 5% of the time. Usually the procedure described above fixes the problem.

I received a letter from Holden advising of a update to the IQ system which includes various bug fixes and telephone upgrades during the week. I haven't been to upgrade it yet but would expect an improvement.

If I were you I'd return to your friendly Holden dealer for an update.

Reaper

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Yeah, the moral to the story, Ford look after their customers as though they want to keep them. Holden are still trying to work this concept out, hence the need for this forum.

Don't make the same mistake again!o)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The update is done with a usb key and SD card while connected to the usual online update process through the GM network so its not something you can do at home unfortunately.

As for rebooting perhaps pull the fuse/s for the radio and leave them out for a while. May or may not work...

Cruisin68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi everyone. Thanks for the info. The dealer installed the software update yesterday and the system is working again - I guess we'll see where it goes from here................... I had planned to change speakers, add an amp and a sub but have now thrown this idea out the window - If there are ongoing IQ problems I don't want Holden to claim the modifications have voided their warranty.

Robdak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute Thunder
Holden iq is such a joke! I can't believe I paid $40000 for a brand new ute and can't even turn the heater on because stupid iq won't even turn on. No radio! No maps! No display! I'm gonna sue these mongrels and get my money back. I've only ever owned Holdens, this is the first new one and its by far the worst product they've ever produced, it goes well when it feels like starting. And that update is rubbish it does absolutely f@&k all. At the end of the day the unit is cheap Korean garbage and should never have been released to the public! I can't see out windows! I'm gonna die on the road in the rain because my iq and hunter Holden do not wanna know me

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden iq is such a joke! I can't believe I paid $40000 for a brand new ute and can't even turn the heater on because stupid iq won't even turn on. No radio! No maps! No display! I'm gonna sue these mongrels and get my money back. I've only ever owned Holdens, this is the first new one and its by far the worst product they've ever produced, it goes well when it feels like starting. And that update is rubbish it does absolutely f@&k all. At the end of the day the unit is cheap Korean garbage and should never have been released to the public! I can't see out windows! I'm gonna die on the road in the rain because my iq and hunter Holden do not wanna know me

I presume you have been back to the dealer and enquired about rectifying the problem?

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
Yeah, the moral to the story, Ford look after their customers as though they want to keep them. Holden are still trying to work this concept out, hence the need for this forum.

Don't make the same mistake again!o)

To be honest I've found Holden's after sales support to be fantastic compared to Ford. They've fixed every issue I've had first go. Ford didn't want to know about issues with my falcon even when it was a company car and money was no object.

As far as resetting the IQ. There's no need to open the door, just switch the engine off and restart it and it'll reset the iq system.

duca1991

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Executive
To be honest I've found Holden's after sales support to be fantastic compared to Ford. They've fixed every issue I've had first go. Ford didn't want to know about issues with my falcon even when it was a company car and money was no object.

As far as resetting the IQ. There's no need to open the door, just switch the engine off and restart it and it'll reset the iq system.

Wrong, if you just turn the keys off and turn it on again, it still has stored memory and comes on within a split second.
The only time i can get my IQ working again when it stuffs up is leave the car off for 5 minutes then start it up again and its fine