Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden looks for a safe bet with Cruze

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden is expecting the new Cruze to be the first small car it sources from Korea to score the maximum five-star Australasian NCAP independent crash-test result.

Holden is expecting the new Cruze to be the first small car it sources from Korea to score the maximum five-star Australasian NCAP independent crash-test result.
This would elevate the Cruze to among the rarefied few in the biggest-selling passenger car segment to deliver five-star safety, stability control and six airbags on all model variants. These include the Subaru Impreza, new Volkswagen Golf VI and the Renault Megane.
A five-star result would be a huge turnaround from the Holden-badged Daewoos of the mid-noughties that scored poor NCAP crash-test results and suffered bad publicity.

continued here: Holden looks for a safe bet with Cruze - www.drive.com.au

Cruze_4_L_700.jpg

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Great, another Dawoo ugly piece of crap sold as a holden :whistling

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i rekon it looks better than the last cruze....you think about where alot of the worlds cars are coming from now? korea is fastest growing mass producer of vehicles and that will not change for a long time..... and i see all of the korean built holdens g thru the workshop, they have very few problems and are a very good quality finish for the type of car it is

getting a 5 star rating for a small car is no easy feat, holden should be congratulated for making a car that competes with its competition for a lesser price with the same features

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Wasn't the last Cruze a Suzuki?

Either way, this thing doesn't interest me one bit. Its just another small Korean 4 cyl FWD econobox, like the billions that they already pump out. As I said before, when I first heard about Holden building a small car, I was expecting more of a Torana than a Viva.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i rekon it looks better than the last cruze....you think about where alot of the worlds cars are coming from now? korea is fastest growing mass producer of vehicles and that will not change for a long time..... and i see all of the korean built holdens g thru the workshop, they have very few problems and are a very good quality finish for the type of car it is

getting a 5 star rating for a small car is no easy feat, holden should be congratulated for making a car that competes with its competition for a lesser price with the same features

Holden should be congratulated?

Holden don't make the car. Just because they can stick some badges on a Korean import doesn't mean they should be congratulated.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dunno it's making the 5 star rating with the help of boron steel and "dual phase steel" (Reaper would know alot more about those than me) like the Fiesta, which uses high strength steel all over the place, every single part was made as light as it could be. Or if it's just on the air bags alone but if it's also made with those high strength steels it could probably be a good car to drive. I believe the FG and VE both use this kind of steel in the door frames

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
But... wasnt the cruze a 4wd?

anyway, my stupid question aside :p now its on to my stupid statement...

I actually dont mind the look of it

At least their going the right way to giving safer options right across the range

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
But... wasnt the cruze a 4wd?

anyway, my stupid question aside :p now its on to my stupid statement...

I actually dont mind the look of it

At least their going the right way to giving safer options right across the range

The old cruze and the new one are different cars. Its not an update or a newer model, they are completely different cars.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Old Cruze attached

Not a sedan, not an off road vehicle... thank god it's discontinued

Attachments

• holden_cruze_e11.jpg
    holden_cruze_e11.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14,311