Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Sad news. But I guess we all expected this.

200 staff to ‘support’ 1.6 million vehicles on the road??! What a joke. So what happens to the dealers now?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Sad news. But I guess we all expected this.

200 staff to ‘support’ 1.6 million vehicles on the road??! What a joke. So what happens to the dealers now?
They may agree to be service centres. But they will be trying to support too many brands, Suzuki, MG, KIA, etc etc. like my local dealer. That said, my local dealer servicing is reasonably OK.
Im afraid that Holden dealers, in general, don't have a great reputation for servicing or standing behind the product. So there is little incentive to use them.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My concern is what happens after 10 or so years... will aussies still be able to buy GDS2 subscriptions to support and reprogram their own cars when computer modules fail and wreckers are the only viable option for parts?

It will be telling what GM decides to do with Holdens garage of nationally significant vehicles :rolleyes:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It will be telling what GM decides to do with Holdens garage of nationally significant vehicles :rolleyes:

Auctioned off to the wealthy collectors.

Those who have a close association are probably already on the phone to the Holden bosses.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My concern is what happens after 10 or so years... will aussies still be able to buy GDS2 subscriptions to support and reprogram their own cars when computer modules fail and wreckers are the only viable option for parts?

To me it'd be like the older days, where you build up a support network of people than can help you years down the track.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
this is really a sad day, first we lost our holden cars manufactured till 2017 , and now the holden name rich in aussie heritage, from making saddles used by our light horse during the charge on beersheba in ww1 ,to bomb racks made for allied fighters to carry bombs made in super quick time to catch jap fighters on the ground at a newly built airfield in the pacific during ww2, and some of the best aussie cars made for road and track ,
the lion name will roar no more , a really sad day for aussie heritage and history

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Wonder if the Prices will start to sky rocket for the last VF2 SSV Redlines now over the next few years (not double but a healthy increase).

I stocked up on a lot of spare parts last week (scuff panel trims etc -things that get damaged easily)