Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What was the story about the PSA group in France, having input into the new Commodore that was doing the rounds

No Commodore, no Buick. Are Insignias still being built, and headed for the chop also ?
Then PSA won't have to pay GM the licensing fee for the privilege of building a car nobody wants.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Regarding future parts availability, wouldn't there be a big enough cult following v8 comnodores that hoepfully would be aftermarket parts still avaliable for them even after 10 years?

Like how you could still buy many bits and pieces of various parts (aftermarket) for old 90s JDM imports (R3x skylines, S1x slivas, Supras etc etc) even today.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Regarding future parts availability, wouldn't there be a big enough cult following v8 comnodores that hoepfully would be aftermarket parts still avaliable for them even after 10 years?

Like how you could still buy many bits and pieces of various parts (aftermarket) for old 90s JDM imports (R3x skylines, S1x slivas, Supras etc etc) even today.

The issue is that only around 60% of aftermarket parts are equal or better than the original factory parts. The market is flooded with parts for VR's and VS' but the quality in general is well below that of the originally fitted parts.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
this is really a sad day, first we lost our holden cars manufactured till 2017 , and now the holden name rich in aussie heritage, from making saddles used by our light horse during the charge on beersheba in ww1 ,to bomb racks made for allied fighters to carry bombs made in super quick time to catch jap fighters on the ground at a newly built airfield in the pacific during ww2, and some of the best aussie cars made for road and track ,
the lion name will roar no more , a really sad day for aussie heritage and history

This. I wish/hope there as some way GM could give back to our government the Holden brand. Not to be used again commercially, but in a way to protect its historical significance to Australia. For GM to at least say "We know this means something to your nation and we respect that."

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Sad day,they certainly ripped the bandaid off quick.
I guess the parts network is up for sale again.
They were a highly respected name in NZ,i can't believe they just walked away and threw 60+ years of goodwill away in the process.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I really didn't expect the Holden name to disappear.

I thought they'd retire the Commodore name (as Ford did with Falcon) and carry on with whatever they then did.

Makes my life a bit easier though.

I wasn't really sure which way to jump for my next vehicle. Now I'll run current till it drops dead and buy an EV.

Oh, and **** you General Motors.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Auctioned off to the wealthy collectors.

Those who have a close association are probably already on the phone to the Holden bosses.

So how many of them are your grabbing to add to your collection ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wonder if the Prices will start to sky rocket for the last VF2 SSV Redlines now over the next few years (not double but a healthy increase).

I stocked up on a lot of spare parts last week (scuff panel trims etc -things that get damaged easily)

Why ? They haven't been built for nearly 2 1/2 years already.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
It is very sad.
re what prices will do. Who knows. If I had that crystal ball it be on an island somewhere, not working.

I just hope people don't go stupid.
I'm looking for a nice unmolested VN as a daily. Good ones are commanding $4k here in Adelaide with low Kms.
Probably double that now...