Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Now that Holden is finished and with all the broken promises, I really wouldn't be surprised if we see SH Holden's, rebadge and Aussie built flooding the market. Given what has happened over the last few years don't be surprised if there is a mass panic with people trying to offload, because the public may start to wonder about the warranties and parts supply and whether GM will really be there for after-sale support. .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
why didn't they just sell off the brand if they were planning to close it? That Gupta guy at one stage wanted to buy it and open the factory and build the cars as a niche market. it could of worked. HSV has and will be doing it.

The gov't stuck their filthy nose into this deal and stuffed it up for Gupta....From what I was told, the gov't wanted him to put the company on the stock exchange and he wanted it to be his private company. So the gov't told him, he couldn't build vehicles at the site and canned the deal

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Today's greeny hipster youth will not be interested in old commodores. I don't see VFs going up in value. They will keep depreciating slowly just like any ordinary car. Majority of population has no interest.
This was demonstrated by all NEW VFs sitting in the dealerships for 2 years after the production...
I ll certainly be selling mine when the warranty is out...
Time to move on..

From what I read, only special edition models will keep their immediate valve....All other ones will drop dramatically in valve, very much like a new car does, when it's driven out of the dealership

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
This was published in 2017 and now speaks to the current state of holden

And why not throw in this one too

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It took a while but we know what happened to Saab manufacturing and who knows what will happen to Volvo going forward.
GM is good at mismanaging, like all US manufacturers ... Saab might still be around if it had been bought by someone other than GM.
Volvo's doing pretty well under their Chinese overlords at the moment.

So which side of the road one drives on is not an indicator of whether a motor car manufacturer will be successful. Success is all up to management and the board to run the company well by producing a product the public wants in droves.

In Holden case, it’s probably the GM shackles that hamstrung the company which assisted in the demise and it really had nothing to do with RHD/LHD unless you’re one to subscribe to excuses :eek:
Agree with this.
I think RHD is a bit of an impediment to importing, though, but probably no more so than any of our pointlessly-unique ADR's.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I'm considering a Mustang for my next car to replace the VF few years later.
Got V8 (would also settle for a turbo 6), Got noise, got good straight line acceleration, pisses green hipsters off, coz emissions (bonus)
Plus the wife think they look cool in Green. Lol

Don't think you will get a turbo 6, but definitely get a 'Green' one to keep the emissions hipsters happy :D