Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden no more: 600 jobs go, 10 yr support.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah. Holden is worth nothing now...

Indeed.

The brand has no real international recognition except for a handful of expats or enthusiasts and GM have shat all over the loungeroom floor here.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Indeed.

The brand has no real international recognition except for a handful of expats or enthusiasts and GM have shat all over the loungeroom floor here.
But once the smell wafts away, all will be forgotten and GMSV or whatever the phoenixed HSV will call itself will be in the good books once again :eek: A Camaro supercar fighting it out with the Ford Mustang will see to that o_O

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
But once the smell wafts away, all will be forgotten and GMSV or whatever the phoenixed HSV will call itself will be in the good books once again :eek: A Camaro supercar fighting it out with the Ford Mustang will see to that o_O

Will be interesting to see how GMSV goes.

Some serious rule changes re chassis regs will be required to get Camaro on the grid, unless they are happy for it to look even more bastardised that what the Mustang does which would be a nonsense.

Having said that, I don't believe that even if they do get Camaro on the grid that it will lead to a rush to buy them given the price point is more aspirational than achievable for the average punter.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
A bastardised Mustang V a bastardised Camaro Supercar. Forget it. Just go back 30 years, or more, and look at the old Improved Production rules for the future.
Include the Nissan GTRs, and any turbo-dialled-up FWD 4 cyl that can compete on merit.
I don't think it would matter if the lap times dropped if there was passing, and competion, rather than follow the leader until a fuel/tyre stop, or safety car.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Will be interesting to see how GMSV goes.

Some serious rule changes re chassis regs will be required to get Camaro on the grid, unless they are happy for it to look even more bastardised that what the Mustang does which would be a nonsense.

Having said that, I don't believe that even if they do get Camaro on the grid that it will lead to a rush to buy them given the price point is more aspirational than achievable for the average punter.

Chassis changes???? The only difference at the moment with the current series is body shape and engine plant....The rest is identical

That being said and again from what I read in the paper, Triple8 engineering's Roland Dane is heading over to the US to have talks about what the future holds with the body they will be using....Apparently, they have sponsorship from Holden until 2021.....Roland Dane is claiming there is some promising bodies they could use.....So time will tell with this

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Chassis changes????

The current "control chassis" i.e. all of the tubular structure does, not accommodate the fitting of standard Camaro body panels. Ryan Walkinshaw has already attested to this. They would have to be seriously bastardised to do so.

Nor does it accommodate the fitting of standard Mustang body panels, hence the only a mother could love appearance of those cars when compared to the road going versions.

This is nothing new since COTF was first introduced but is more exaggerated when trying to fit two door sports car panels onto a control chassis geared around a four door silhouette.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The current "control chassis" i.e. all of the tubular structure does, not accommodate the fitting of standard Camaro body panels. Ryan Walkinshaw has already attested to this. They would have to be seriously bastardised to do so.

Nor does it accommodate the fitting of standard Mustang body panels, hence the only a mother could love appearance of those cars when compared to the road going versions.

This is nothing new since COTF was first introduced but is more exaggerated when trying to fit two door sports car panels onto a control chassis geared around a four door silhouette.

This is true....The current control chassis doesn't accomodate the 2 door body panels.....From what I read in the paper, Roland Dane has said there are promising bodies he could use....I wasn't mentioned what bodies were in the mix....Only time will tell which one it is, if that is the direction headed

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This is true....The current control chassis doesn't accomodate the 2 door body panels.....From what I read in the paper, Roland Dane has said there are promising bodies he could use....I wasn't mentioned what bodies were in the mix....Only time will tell which one it is, if that is the direction headed

Cadillac ?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
I suppose Holden doesn't have to pay back the billions in tax payer funded support they got over the years

you gonna ask Ford and Toyota (and Nissan and mitsubishi) too?

you will get more if you want the guvmint to start ask the banking and mining industries
to give back the 100s of $ Billions they have been given over the past 20 years?

The car industry (Ford Toyota and Holden) were getting about $ 500 million a year
but
the banks here were given subsidies totalling about $5 BILLION and the mining industry
approx $8 BILLION in the last budget.

And the German auto industry (70 billion euro) and the French/Belgium auto industries
(about 20 BILLION Euro) got subsidies 80 times more than here

And don't start me on Volvo...

Total bollocks...:mad: