Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Omega Aux problem

ucdebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey guys, got a weird problem here

my head-unit aux sounds f*king shocking. i have tried countless cables and countless devices (e.g iPod, different mobiles) and the sound is really low, no boss, low treble and muttered vocals. any ideas why this is happening. I don't know if this is of any relevance but i had the whole head-unit dash pulled off at Holden because the clips were loose and it was causing the radio to turn off and the climate control to stop working randomly .

Cheers

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
So did this happen after the trip to Holden, or before?

ucdebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thats the thing im not to sure because i never really used the aux much so i cant remember lol

alecrocks261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Commodore 2006
i sometimes have a problem with mine where it only plays music out of one side of the car....
This is fixed after going around some tight corners which seems to fix the connector, because i have tried replacing the cables and that is not the problem and the radio works fine in stero
Weird problem

nazphu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have the same problem with my 2007 SV6. I've used it for years without issue, then suddenly all the music playing through the Aux port is messed up. Sounds muffled and electronically distorted. Was happening with every device for a while, and now only some music devices are playing distorted music, and others are fine.

My iPhone plays distorted music through the Aux port, but not with other speakers/headphones. The digital radio i have in my car works fine now through the Aux port.

Cannot begin to comprehend what is going on there, i'm just thankful that some devices work now. If anyone has any knowledge of a cause or solution to this i'd be very keen to hear it!

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
For some reason (do a search and you'll see how many complaints there are about this problem), the front AUX input on the VE headunits seem to be unreliable. My own guess is that the connection on the circuit board is subject to stresses and strains from the plug as well as getting dust in the contacts. Either or will cause loss of electronic conductivity = crapola sound quality. The solution is to use the rear AUX input. I found all the info I needed on the forum here on how to get that connected (you need to make up a simple plug from some common computer style parts, plug it in and enable the input). I thought it would be six of one, half a doz of the other, but found my iPod sound great connected to the rear of the unit.

On a side note, the level 1 and 2 headunits (L1 = Omega/International/SV6/SS etc, L2 = Berlina) both sound muffled in comparison to the L3 (Calais/SSV) headunit. I had the iPod connected to the rear AUX of my original L1 headunit in my SV6 then upgraded to the L3 unit (same speakers etc) and the difference was massive. I run the treble on my Berlina L2 headunit at +6 and at 0 on the L3 unit in my SV6 for the exact same CDs and speakers. The end conclusion... it's a conspiracy to make us buy Calais and SSV's! ;)