Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Operations Unchanged by Parent Company Announcements in US

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
The paper today answered my question for me.

Saab are being re-organized into an independant company and have until October 22nd or something to find a buyer.

Hummer has been sold to the Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Company Ltd, which is a Chinese company.

Majority sharein Vauxhall has been sold to Magna International. The majority share in Opel has been sold as well to Sberbank of Russia (35%), Magna International (20%), and Opel employees (10%).

Interesting that Holden is the only subsidiary of GM that hasn't been impacted on (other than GM Daewoo, but thats actually owned by Holden).

That is interesting, the chinese now making one of the military trucks for the US Military.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Thats ok most of the interest the USA has to pay back on it's gazzillion dollar loans is going straight to China since they bailed them out of this **** :), few Hummers wont make any difference

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I was thinking more from a security standpoint. There was concern in the US Gov once after china got into IBM through lenovo and if they would use their computers or not.

We will see I guess