Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden or Daewoo ?

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Daewoo Nubira had the most Australian engine in all cars sold here, Holden built and designed Family II approx 90% local content (many other cars used this motor also). Any Camira has a motor more Australian than any Commodore post VK.
Rodeos still run an Isuzu motor and are still an Isuzu. The smaller V6 being more powerful than Commodore motors pre the 175 + 190Kw motors.
Holden haven't built a small car themselves since the early Toranas.
Commodore motors are assembled here, that's as far as it goes to being Australian (or American) if you nitpick and look into the parts suppliers.
The Family II engine of late has many parts supplied from Korea and is now built outside of Australia in increasing numbers.
This all makes no difference to the end result as a Commodore is a Holden which is an Australian car.
No car will ever be fully Australian again but any car fully assembled here should be classed as an Australian car. Using this basis the older Camrys, Magnas, 380s, Skylines + Pintaras (RB31), Aurion etc would also have to be considered Australian cars.

Importing Commodores fully built? Very unlikely as a strong sales feature is the "built in Aus" factor.

Edit: The Alloytech V6 in the Rodeo puts out only 147Kw compared to 172Kw in the Commodore. Same name different motor.

Last edited:

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
VX_KN079 said:
Zeta has been in European cars for years.

I AM NOT WRONG!!! YOU GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU ABUSE THE **** OUT OF SOMEONE NEXT TIME!!!

oh, my god no. you can't possibly be wrong can you:my: .............. Grow up

yosy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5.0
They make commodores in korea now or daewoos they dont want to publicise it tho

id even go soo far as to say that the tooling for the new models comes from china/korea

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
VX_KN079 said:
Zeta has been in European cars for years.

I AM NOT WRONG!!! YOU GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU ABUSE THE **** OUT OF SOMEONE NEXT TIME!!!

Actually, your'e still wrong. Zeta is a new platform developed exclusively in Australia by GM Holden, and has never, EVER been used beforein a production vehicle. The Opel Insignia concept in 2003 did indeed sit on a Zeta platform - which was designed in Australia, as did the Chevrolet Camaro concept in this years North American Auto show.

So again, I suggest you check your facts before you post again before you look like a complete wanker! OOPS! TOO LATE!!!

:rofl: :yeah:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
buddyforu said:
Actually, your'e still wrong. Zeta ... has never, EVER been used beforein a production vehicle. The Opel Insignia concept in 2003 did indeed sit on a Zeta platform

Do I hear an echo?

Juzza said:
Actually, Zeta platform has only been demonstrated on one concept car (ever). The first production car to use the platform will be the VE Commodore this year.

:p

ARM-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6 A5
SSV8pilot said:
Anyone have any thoughts or views on this?

I think it comes down to Holden wanting to knock off Toyota for the #1 spot for overall vehicle sales by offering a similar range.

V

VX_KN079

People saying the Zeta platform is ALL NEW are simply flat out WRONG. It has been... I'm not touching that argument again...

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
that's not even the point of your argument before, you said

"Wrong. The VE is based on the GM Zeta platform which hasn't been designed or engineered in Australia at all."

you sir, are a baboon

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Now now don't fight with him he will slap you with defamation:p
You know he is always.....WRONG!:D