Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden or Ford?! HSV or FPV?!

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh god the biggest question known to Australians in my opinion

So which do you prefer? Holden Or Ford? And HSV or FPV? And post your reasons to why you prefer the one you chose.

I know its obviously Holden due to this site but just curious at why people do choose one over the other

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine Is Holden due to the fact that they vary in design and bring out many different types of Commodore. I think that Ford and FPV simply stuck to the falcon design and only tweaked the designs slightly throughout time. Same story with FPV. All you get is Falcon looking cars like the GT and things.

Holden have brought out the clubsport 307, the W427, Monaro and all the Holden models look alot different like VS, VT, VX, VZ, VE etc. I thinK Holden cars are way better looking and styled and i think they sound alot nicer!

However i will admit that i believe Ford are made to a better quality and will probably go longer without work needing to be done than to that of a Holden

Your Opinions????

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Real Holdens all the way. I don't go for sticker cars

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'd 100% buy an FPV if i wasn't buying a house. No questions or hesitations. I'd buy an F6 Typhoon ute or sedan, or a BA / BF FPV GT. The BA / BF GT's look bloody tough.

I hate the new HSV's they look boring and lame. Possibly even a BA Pursuit 250. They are horn too. Big points to Ford for pulling large KW figures without even using "V" engines yet. Something Holden ****ed up on bigtime. They just keep releasing bigger and bigger engines, whilst Ford use their brains.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
hey foamy while i got ya attention i need another chip.

its for a vs 185 pm me to arrange something

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
omg im sick of the mods screwing around with my profile. They changed my custom user title, stopped me recieving emails when someone posts something on my post so i just realised people are talking on it and it dont let me change back coz of the sh1tty "token expired" message

Can come mod change my stuff back coz its pissing me off

GO HOLDEN

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'd buy a ford ute for work over a holden for sure. But that's where the interest in the blue oval ends for me.