Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden or ss cai???

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Hey guys just a quick question. I've been reading heaps on cold air intakes and lots of you have been mentioning holden ones for like $50. But on ebay I have seen ss cai for like $230!!!!!!!!!! What's better, the holden one, or the ss one???

Cheers

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
from what my mechanic said, the SS inductions cai let in more air so they are better but they also have a poorer build qualiry. i have a holden cai as it was cheaper, but the ss inductions cai also give a louder induction noise from what i have been told, but not as loud as a pod filter....

this is all what i have been told so take it with a grain of salt...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
just go holden, it does the trick for 1/4 the price

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
If they were good enough for hsv to fit them from factory they are good. You could here the induction noise in my senator with a k&n filter in the box.
Another trick is to also cut o hole in the bottom of your box and run some bendy pipe down to your front air dam, if you run both you can't get much better, remember to bend it back up at the opening and drill a drain hole in the bottom incase some water gets in there!!

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Thanks for that fellas. Yeah it seemed stupid to pay so much more for the ss one - can't be that much different to the holden one!!!!!

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
I can supply you a Brand New Geunuine v6 CAI for $48 and the V8 for $39. If you are in Sydney you can pick them up from my store. Or I can get is couriered to certain cities for $15.

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
Thongy mate where is your store?
I'm in ryde

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ThongyVL, any chance you ship to NZ, i just got ripped, $190 for the VS s/c V6 cai, 2 pieces from Holden in NZ!!! whats the difference between the V6 and V8 ones etc

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If they were good enough for hsv to fit them from factory they are good. You could here the induction noise in my senator with a k&n filter in the box.
Another trick is to also cut o hole in the bottom of your box and run some bendy pipe down to your front air dam, if you run both you can't get much better, remember to bend it back up at the opening and drill a drain hole in the bottom incase some water gets in there!!

which CAI you reffering to here, excuse the ignorance

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm so how much is it for the holden intake fully fitted from a holden dealer anyone no ???