Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden or ss cai???

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
yeh but i have no skills or anything at all so i would probably end up farking something up so i was wondering how much holden would fit it for.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
if you can use a battery drill and a hacksaw blade and screw driver you can fit it

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
hmm maybe. still i would rather get it fitted by a professional its just how i am lol.

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
immortality mate i'm talking about the hsv over the radiator cia. U can get them pretty cheap, i even have one layin around with a k&n filter to match. Wat you do with the mod is cut a hole 4inch diametre in the bottom of the bottom section , you also have to go through the metal below the box. You get some piping and run it down to either the small intake our the airdam in your bumper or spoiler.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
immortality mate i'm talking about the hsv over the radiator cia. U can get them pretty cheap, i even have one layin around with a k&n filter to match. Wat you do with the mod is cut a hole 4inch diametre in the bottom of the bottom section , you also have to go through the metal below the box. You get some piping and run it down to either the small intake our the airdam in your bumper or spoiler.

i had considered that mod but i decided against it as here in NZ on typical 4 seasons in one day weather we can have standing water on the road. now i'm sure just a little water into that intake would behandled by drilling some holes into the duct but a large volume of water i'm sure would probably work it's way into the engine causing a failure so it's probably not worth the risk. instead i've opted to go for a pod filter and i'm currently in the process of making a heat shield to section the pod off from the rest of the engine bay in the same location as the original air box. which CAI does HSV use, the original holden design or their own??

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
its basically the same as the holden one with HSV on it.

i have a genuine holden V6 S/C CAI in my VR that i got with a K&N panel filter. Bought it from coventrys for $160 the lot, took 15 minutes to fit (and im not really mechanically minded!)

love it to bits, cant go wrong :dance:

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
not sure if it is different from the holden one? i've only evered owned hsv's. My mate instaled a pod filter infront of the passenger wheel in the gaurd. Its blocked by the weather and picks up heaps of air in that area. plus it is high enough not to get flooded by puddles. He used a bent piece of polished tubing coming of his throttle body through the wheel arch in the engine bay and another piece to have it sitting parrelel to the road!!
Another option!!