Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden puts the finishing touches to Australia's next-generation NG Commodore

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
As a car standing on it's own it looks awesome on paper (TT V6 AWD manual). I think a big problem will be that Holden will only offer the most boring versions of it.

Then of course there's this somewhat arbitrary and slightly rediculous comparison it has to live up to. I have a feeling it will get destroyed by one eyed idiots.

Re: malibu, I can't ever recall seeing it advertised at all. Looked to be a similar size and price to a Commo anyway. This video sums it up nicely maybe? "Jack of all trades but master of none"

3rdGenVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT SS
I agree in that my first impression upon viewing the images was that it looks like a Mazda. Similar to what Calaber said, I see this appealing to those who haven't bought a Commodore before.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
While I think it looks good , it does resemble a Mazda especially with that grill embellishment . Time will tell ,
bring on the haters .
Yeah, as soon as I saw it I thought...Mazda 6

However, I have to disagree with you on 'looks'....I'm not a hater, I just don't like the external styling.
*aesthetics and styling are subjective

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah, as soon as I saw it I thought...Mazda 6

However, I have to disagree with you on 'looks'....I'm not a hater, I just don't like the external styling.
*aesthetics and styling are subjective

Fair point , I think they need to alter the front a bit , because at the moment it looks like every other car on the road, apart from that, I don't mind it .

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As a car standing on it's own it looks awesome on paper (TT V6 AWD manual). I think a big problem will be that Holden will only offer the most boring versions of it.

Cept it isn't TT V6. Bottom line is that it will be competing with a heap of well established model lines well entrenched with the grandpa market whilst giving up it's long standing demographic.