Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[HOLDEN] Quote $600 for my 120,000KM Service

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
So ughhhh yeah that dose NOT sound right for an oil filter (Serviced and changed at 105,000KM)

and for $105 I can get this
Commodore Omega VE V6 Service KIT Genuine Holden Parts | eBay

I mean I asked this what they do and they said just change the spark plugs and oil/air filter (I have Cold Air Intake so defeats the purpose of Air filter replacement)

Anyone else had exceptionally high quote from Holden or anywhere before?

HOLDEN FERNTREE GULLY, VIC

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
If you get your car serviced at a dealership and expect it to be cheap...you're gonna have a bad time.

Try another dealer, service yourself or find a reputable mechanic.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
V6? To change plugs the intake manifold needs to be removed. If you're still unhappy, take it somewhere else. Dealer servicing is always ridiculously expensive.

Yeah I'm aware of the manifold being removed me and my mate did it to his V6 Omega Sedan I while back and it worked just fine

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Is there a reason you're still getting dealer services, like to keep an extended warranty? You seem mechanically able, why don't you get the service kit and do the work yourself?

Yeah well Im just still in the Novice section of the internals on my car, I mean im all one for learning but first times are always weird.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Know what you mean you`ll be ok.:)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Yeah well Im just still in the Novice section of the internals on my car, I mean im all one for learning but first times are always weird.

I tell you what, I'll pay you $500 to get over your nerves ;).
That's the way you gotta think about it. Go withdraw $500 from the atm and visualise just how much money it is you are giving up. Get that $500, put it in an envelope, and mail it to Holden.
That's what you are doing when you get them to "service" you.

If you still cant grow some, at least look at alternatives like Ultratune or Goodyear.
They'll do a minor service for about $200. More for spark plugs though.

But get in there and do it dude. There are plenty of uTube vids if you still arent comfortable changing oil.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So ughhhh yeah that dose NOT sound right for an oil filter (Serviced and changed at 105,000KM)
I mean I asked this what they do and they said just change the spark plugs and oil/air filter (I have Cold Air Intake so defeats the purpose of Air filter replacement)

I am sure that there are many other checks/services done at this interval.
Effectively they should be checking the car is up to a standard where no work should be required until your next service interval.
at a guess I would say
think: Brakes, steering, suspension, lubricating moving/sliding parts, checking electrical equipment, Digital check of running parameters and fault codes, changing fluids, checking fuel lines, radiator etc etc etc.

That's what I think they would/should be doing anyway (no I do not work for Holden, before you ask)

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
The best place to get a service is at Holdens, sure you may pay a little more for labour but remember those mechanics ONLY work on Holdens and are trained by Holdens. Go to another place and prepared to be ripped off, example I once took my old VX with 80,000 on the clock to Ultratune and was told I need new rotors as they were under the limit, next service I told Holdens mechanic to look and they said they were fine. Remember, if you can't afford the cost of maintaining your car then you can't afford a car, it's fine to do oil changes yourself between services but you should not be doing services yourself unless your a fully qualified mechanic. Proof of servicing should be required to renew registration.

Last edited: