Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[HOLDEN] Quote $600 for my 120,000KM Service

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Well the cold air intake is a pod filter which replaces the stock air box on any Commodore VE, How could you not Google this..? aha

Yes, but I think his point was that if it does not require replacement it most likely requires servicing (clean and re-oiling) if it is of a reputable brand. Otherwise if it is a cheap filter it may still require replacement.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Well the cold air intake is a pod filter which replaces the stock air box on any Commodore VE, How could you not Google this..? aha

just with this answer alone I think $600 is a good price for you to pay.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
just with this answer alone I think $600 is a good price for you to pay.

Well im not really fussed as $600 isnt a HUGE ammount of money to pay on a gennie service, Just means I gotta wait another week for the HSV Parts ;D

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Smaller workshops like apprentices too you know, in fact they are more likely to use them than Holden Service Centres. The thing with Holdnes is they are EXPERTS on Holdens where Joes Garage knows all car makes equally so therefor isn't an expert on Holdens or any car make for that matter, one point I do agree is that apprentices like working at Holdens for the security and training, that's why they would only accept the best applicants while Joe gets to pick from the rest.

I also doubt the $600 quote is just for a minor service, without looking in the book I would say its a major service and would most likely include trans service etc. I would suggest looking up and seeing what's involved before saying its expensive.

OK, I'll bite.
Joe's garage will hire maybe 1 apprentice, and he'll most likely be watched like a hawk because the owner is the lead mechanic.
ONE Holden service centre will hire many apprentices... and will also service many cars in a day (mostly minor services). You honestly think quality control is going to be better there? Yeah? Well better search the internet some more mate. Horror stories everywhere about dumbass apprentices doing horrible work on cars at dealers (even in this very forum!).

And $600 for a minor service (that's exactly what a 120k service is... I dont need to "look it up" I know- plus read the OP's first post.... MINOR SERVICE), is most definitely a rip off and then some!
But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

OP, if you still arent sure- here's a useful reference guide: http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au/
At $600, they are close to the most expensive you will find anywhere ;).

Last edited:

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I can't believe this is even being discussed, $600 is not okay for a minor service and if you decide to get it, make sure you get a blowjob on the house while you're waiting for your car.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
I can't believe this is even being discussed, $600 is not okay for a minor service and if you decide to get it, make sure you get a blowjob on the house while you're waiting for your car.

You have a strange mind... aha

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Holden is a business and has to make a profit. $600 is reasonable when you factor this in.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I love the such and such is a business line. So, that means you pay them a fair price to do the job, then you pay some more because they are a business?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Im gonna head on over to ABS Fountain Gate, $467 for a major service and log book servicing doesn't worry me etc