Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[HOLDEN] Quote $600 for my 120,000KM Service

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
The point i was trying to make is, if you want something done cheaply, learn to do it yourself. Businesses are out to make a profit.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Couldn't agree more ! DIY if you know what you are doing, or sus out what you are getting before you pay someone else to do it.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
^ As above, the problem is not only the price, but the fact that alot of operators don't even complete the full service, just use the service link that was provided above, it lists a full page of tests and procedures to be carried out from check/top brake fluid thru to adjustments etc, tell you the truth, most just change the oil and stamp the book.

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm (Prussian Steel) *For Sale*
Saw this thread and thought I won't post anything, but here I am.

I took my brothers '05 V6 VZ Exec with 110,000km on it to Holden in Vic Park (WA) and got a service (Oil and filter plus the usual included checks) plus a tranny service and cooling system flush and fill came to a total of $667.23, they also had a go at washing the car, even thought it was detailed an hour before the service. o_O (Terrible job, but the fact they done it was alright, I guess)

So guess what I'm saying is for what was done, the price was far less than I thought. I was also offered to take any car I wanted for a test drive with a salesman and had afternoon tea at the dealership when I came to pick the car up. Probably nice as the car was bought there by my brother in 2006 and I recommended that dealership for 2 other friend who bought cars there. (They have awesome prices)

Just my 2 cents. :)

Sv6sidibilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 sidi
V6? To change plugs the intake manifold needs to be removed. If you're still unhappy, take it somewhere else. Dealer servicing is always ridiculously expensive.
2010 ve sv6 sidi 210kw the intake manifold doesn’t need to be removed that’s complete rubbish I’ve changed 6 plugs without removing it, just a few lines unplugged, remove a bracket, take out the coils remove the plugs and replace in reverse order