Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Rodeo V6 Ecotec Conversion and now I am stuck

SteveYoung

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Hi guys, I have been searching the forum looking for the wiring that I am going to need to join up to start the ecotec, as I really have no idea what I am doing now and have become a bit lost and progress has ground to a halt as I can't work out what is going on looking at those wiring diagrams, it just makes my head hurt.
I have fitted the VX Ecotec and 4 speed Auto from the VX Commodore into my Tf Rodeo, which was originally a 3.2 v6 isuzu engine on 2wd 5 speed manual.
I have taken the wiring loom and ECU and sent the ECU off to get the VATS removed.
So I now have the wiring and ECU connected to the engine and I am left with the three plugs that come from the ECU and want to know which wires I am going to need to connect to run the engine.
I am guessing the fuel pump that is already in the rodeo will run the ecotec as it was already a quad cam 3.2 v6 before I converted it.
From this point I have no idea what I am doing, so I am hoping I just need to connect a few wires and the fuel pump etc, all of which I am hoping to find in the existing rodeo wiring and simply splice the Commodore to the Rodeo wiring where needed.

Now this is the bit I am stuck on, I am not really that good at working out the wiring diagram, but can solder, join or whatever is needed to the wiring once I know where and what I need to connect.
I guess I am looking for a list of the only wires I am going to need to connect the come from the three plugs I have hanging off the VX wiring loom as they connect to the dash I guess, I think it would be plugs YE110, YE111 & YE112 as I think that is the three plugs I am left with.

Any help at this point would be awesome, it was a fairly big job converting the engine etc over and I thought I had beaten it and was on the home straight, until I sat here looking at these three plugs and scratching my head, think I might have bitten off more than I can chew at this point, didn't even think about the wiring till I was halfway through...Doh!
I have seen a lot of the standalone wiring looms you can purchase for engine conversions like this, however as I have the VX loom and the Rodeo was already a Quad Cam 3.2 v6 with ECU etc, surely I have all I need is to simply connect a few of the wires from these three plugs and away we go.....or not at the moment
icon_cry.gif

08veomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega 08 v6 auto
How did u go with this ? Did u work out the wiring ?
Did u have both wiring diagrams to compare the two? I'm about to attempt the same and any help would be appreciated
Cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Sent him a PM for you he hasn`t been on here for over 2yrs.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
when I need help and mail a bloke i call the worlds greatest the rules are post a diagram of what I have and what I want to connect it to. Ok we are more into appliances and other controllers. But your doing the same thing. You only need to know what wires to join to what. If you post the 2 diagrams you may get more help.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Best loom and computer for this is vr/vs v6 imo. Depends on whether you need the maf for engineering or not.

BanjoPads

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 TF Rodeo Buick converted
Hey legends,

this forum seems a bit old but the topic is as fresh as day!

is there any active members on here that can share a bit of knowledge or photos of their attempts at converting a Commodore engine and wiring loom in a TF Rodeo?

Ive got my eyes on a LS crate engine and will need some good minds from this site to share their wisdom or crazy ideas!!

First time poster, long time listener!

Leroyben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ek holden,tf rodeo
Hi all,
I am the the same(first time poster and all that).I too have a tf sitting in the front yard(much to the missus discust).thinking of doing the same,but the thread cuts out and doesn't really answer the question. Just wondering how he got on?