Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden running out of parts already

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... Also, after 6 months plus of waiting, my OEM front camera arrived at the dealer yesterday.
You do realise that ACL provides the possibility to return your car to the selling dealer for a full refund as such a long time without required spare parts for a safety critical function can be considered a major failure.

We need as buyers of these not yet orphaned vehicles need to start taking a harsher line with the sellers and Holden/gm otherwise we will be royally screwed...

A couple of cases of forced buyback may be just the remedy for gm to either fix their parts supply issue or be very visibly seen that they don’t give a shite and regulators have no option but to step in...

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
You do realise that ACL provides the possibility to return your car to the selling dealer for a full refund as such a long time without required spare parts for a safety critical function can be considered a major failure.

We need as buyers of these not yet orphaned vehicles need to start taking a harsher line with the sellers and Holden/gm otherwise we will be royally screwed...

A couple of cases of forced buyback may be just the remedy for gm to either fix their parts supply issue or be very visibly seen that they don’t give a shite and regulators have no option but to step in...

I honestly wouldn’t know what to buy if given a refund. I’ve got 2.5 years left of payments before i own it, so i’d have to pay out the loan, and there’s not a great deal of other vehicles out there in the same league, or for me personally, with the same historical and emotional value.

I would own a tesla in a heartbeat, (blistering performance, awesome tech) but would miss that lumpy v8 sound.

I have the car insured for 75k, and even at that value, i would be heartbroken if anything ever happened to my redline.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I would own a tesla in a heartbeat, (blistering performance, awesome tech) but would miss that lumpy v8 sound.

Agghhhhh, Nooo !
They do updates and downdates when you switch them on, whether you want them or not.
Aren't Windows and Google updates enough head-bang for you.
Twiggy Forrest reckons the future is hydrogen cars. I think ( possibly wrongly) he has more credibility than Electric Jesus.
Edit ........... just read how the latest Model S does not have a forward or reverse shifter .... the car decides which way to go. :oops: ????
Just the thing for the Westfield or Woolies car park at peak hour.

But, back to the parts bit ............
In the olden Holden days, if you wanted a part, Holden would order it from their supplier. The onus was on them to find it for us.
Now that both Holden and that supplier are gone, the onus is on us to find it.
That will be the challenge, not so much the supply, but finding the supply source.

Perhaps a JC sub-forum titled "Where to find parts". Some members here already know, but a lot more don't.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Twiggy Forrest reckons the future is hydrogen cars.

He also wants to make steel in Australia using Australian iron ore and hydrogen.

Likely has designs on being a hydrogen mogul.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... just read how the latest Model S does not have a forward or reverse shifter .... the car decides which way to go. Just the thing for the Westfield....
Why did I read WestWorld and immediately think of a Ule Brynner styled robot car going nuts in a shopping centre car park :eek:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Am i some sort of physic? - i knew you were going to say that! :D

But seriously, i’m not aware of any manufacturer ever producing an aftermarket replacement front collision/lane departure camera for any vehicle. It’s not standard equipment on all commodores, and there’s not that many out there in the world to warrant a company reproducing then for such a small customer base.

Also, after 6 months plus of waiting, my OEM front camera arrived at the dealer yesterday.

Only time will tell what parts will be reproduced by the aftermarket sector......

You never know, there might be some other vehicle on the road that has a similar design one that can be used for a replacement for our Commodores....It'll be a case of having someone snooping hard enough to figure out if that is the case.

So work by the theory, never say never...

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Mate owns a crash shop, gets a lot of SA police ZB sale cars and repair work has starter buying wrecks to get parts as there is bugger all stock on ZB parts especially panels

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The thing is though, even though models were well pas the 10 year period the local Holden dealer still stocked a lot of parts, they weren't cheap but they did stock it. Last year I needed a PS pump seal in a hurry, no other suppliers had stock locally so I swung by the local Holden parts centre and they had a kit in stock.

I called the same dealer parts centre last week and the auto answering service still said Davie Holden parts like before but then the call got re-directed to a 3rd party parts supplier who didn't have what I was looking for.