Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden running out of parts already

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Here’s one then you simple prick; **** off and mind your own business
He's a moderator, it is his business when people overstep the mark and don't follow forum rules ;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Compared to to say Jeep, Holden have a very poor stash of spares. Even aftermarket spares for Jeep are a ton better quality than a lot of what we currently have for our old Commodores.

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I was introduced to the wonders of the internet in 1989 ... :)

Dealers probably had a culture, Back In The Day, of just keeping parts until they sold, the price would slowly increase over the years & hopefully recoup the cost of storage (plus also hopefully creating a repeat customer).
Was different between brands too, I could’ve bought a new plastic trim piece for a 1968 Volvo 142S in 2004 because that was before Geely bought Volvo and they had a culture of providing parts for enthusiasts to maintain their cars ... I was able to buy 1982-1985 spec plastic/rubber beltline mouldings for a car never sold in this country through the local Volvo dealer in 2003, manufactured by a Rare Spares equivalent in Germany as it turned out. But I think every manufacturer‘s dealers really only carry parts back about 10 years these days ... Benz and Porsche were the two that supported their enthusiasts in the late noughties, dunno if they still do.
I was on the internet back then too brother....but show me your forums etc from that time ?? Lol didn’t exist....so my point standa

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Compared to to say Jeep, Holden have a very poor stash of spares. Even aftermarket spares for Jeep are a ton better quality than a lot of what we currently have for our old Commodores.
Commodores were an endangered species for a long time. They are even closer to extinction now :(

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
He's a moderator, it is his business when people overstep the mark and don't follow forum rules ;)
Good luck to him...simple prick...too many fuckwits want to chime in

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you cunts can’t figure it out.... I want your “self important” moderators to exercise that little piece of authority in life they have been given to have themselves the opportunity to for once in their life; feel important.
To all the self ego serving fuckwits that respond to try and correct every ones post; life will show you your imcompetencies and your insecurity will be exposed.
**** you all

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So was I....but there were no forums to talk commodores were there ??
Is this in response to my comment?
No - there were not! :)
Might have got an answer on the aus.cars newsgroup though, I’d have arksed there.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
@Suami
You sure have a vulgar way with words don't you. But in this JC community, the actions of those who appreciate a higher standard of civilised discourse speak much louder...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If you cunts can’t figure it out.... I want your “self important” moderators to exercise that little piece of authority in life they have been given to have themselves the opportunity to for once in their life; feel important.
To all the self ego serving fuckwits that respond to try and correct every ones post; life will show you your imcompetencies and your insecurity will be exposed.
**** you all

Goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride