Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden running out of parts already

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If you cunts can’t figure it out.... I want your “self important” moderators to exercise that little piece of authority in life they have been given to have themselves the opportunity to for once in their life; feel important.
To all the self ego serving fuckwits that respond to try and correct every ones post; life will show you your imcompetencies and your insecurity will be exposed.
**** you all

Time to get off the meth bruz.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So, where is the best place to buy these last remaining Holden parts?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
So, where is the best place to buy these last remaining Holden parts?

Probably not at Holden... originalpartsgroup.com.au in Campbellfield. I order all my goodies from them, and get next-day delivery. They've got quite a reputation among enthusiasts for supplying parts for all manner of cars, including the classics of yore.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Really???? So the internet has only been around for 5 or 10 years? Wonder where you have been hiding

the difference back then was holden never closed down, if parts run out or running low and demand was high Holden would make another batch, or re-order from the outside parts supplier
can you see the difference, once OEM stocks are gone thats it , its all closed ,gone, holden is no more as are the parts suppliers
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter Holden didn't close down...They stopped making parts for particular models after a certain time frame.....The only difference now is, people are having a panic attack that isn't warranted....Also a lot of parts fitted to Holdens were outsourced, rather than made inhouse....Reason being, it was cheaper to have someone else make them, rather than have them made inhouse...Just not sure when it became preveliant

High wearing parts will become available from outside sources.....But like before Holden closed their doors, the parts won't be as good as OEM

Last edited:

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The only obsolete part I've discovered so far is a black VE Ute roof lining. Pillar trims and sunvisors are still available along with the various clips. Black roof linings haven't been fitted since VE in 2012 and they had one left mid October. 16mm VE/VF rear sway bars they have 94 in stock now, not a particularly fast moving part I'd imagine to stock that many. VF parts are likely more plentiful than we think at the moment.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Maybe we need to realise VFs are nothing exotic in global car world and apart from a few enthusiast nobody really cares :)

Holden and GM certainly dont give a toss.
GM will be forced to give a bit of a toss to comply with manufacturer legal requirements to supply parts for a particular time. It was 8 years a while ago, but the VF isn't 4 years old yet. It may not extend to all parts, but anything that renders a car undrivable or unroadworthy they'll need to supply parts to remedy this.