Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Special Vehicles W427 launched

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
You say its fugly, then you mention the new GTR. Now THAT is a fugly car.

Give me $160,000 and i'll eat your GTR with a boat anchor (VN)
You say the GTR is fugly and then you mention a VN.....

Ok ok, it was a cheap shot.

I guess I'm not so blinkered that I can't see past whatever fare the golden boys at HSV are dishing up. I know there are lots of better cars out there, and I'm not afraid to look at the W427 in the harsh light of day and see it's a totally irrelevant, irrational, yobbo redneck chariot with a leather interior.

I'm sure it will sell quite well - there are a lot of redneck yobbos out there.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Some of the knockers on here make me shake my head at times. HSV have built the fastest sedan Australia has ever seen and the best some can say is it's a **** poor effort???

Reaper

It is a **** poor effort, 0-100 in 4.7 seconds? Yippeee, nothing a tuned LS1 wont munch, how is it worth 155k? Dry Sump setup with a monstrous engine? Yay how exciting. It is just a GTS with a bigger engine. The car looks bland, over priced and fuel economy well, 17 litres per 100? Thats pathetic. This car is priced at double what a BMW M5 is actually worth in AU dollars anywhere else in the world, A DB9 can be bought in real world terms at less than the price of this car. The W427 has NOTHING special about it, sure it is expensive but so are many other cars.
If i had to part with that much coin, I'd certainly go the NEW V Spec R35.

Australian government needs to stop propping the **** out of Australian Manufactuers here, we get ripped big time because Ford and Holden cannot make competitivley priced cars. Christ imagine how great it would be to pay the real world price of 32k for a petrol or diesel 3 series BMW. Thats what everyone oelse ont he plant pays for them...except Australia

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Does it have 18 wheels:p

It's got no wheels at the moment, rendering the power useless lol
But it will have 4 when it hits the track.
It's not a street car, by the way

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
This car is priced at double what a BMW M5 is actually worth in AU dollars anywhere else in the world, A DB9 can be bought in real world terms at less than the price of this car. The W427 has NOTHING special about it...
Hooray, someone else who won't blindly follow wherever the lion badge leads them. In fact, this car is the Australian version of the M5....and what a poor substitute it is.

If you must have a fast Commodore, buy a Clubsport - give it an exhaust and a good tune and you'll have the performance of the W427, but without the awful styling and inefficiencies, for half the price. Or, if you're actually into genuinely cars, get a GTR and thrash seven shades of hell out of any W427 / Ferrrari / Porsche you happen to see.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The W427 has been created for the cashed up execs with the ego to match the income.

Thats why they say only up to 427 will be built - I suspect that they will never build all of them. Unless the VE model carries on for 5 more years.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
You say its fugly, then you mention the new GTR. Now THAT is a fugly car.

Give me $160,000 and i'll eat your GTR with a boat anchor (VN)

in a straight line, maybe. round a track? dream on...

$160,000 will get you at least $30k of mods on an already awesome platform. you'd never get the handling out of a VN unless the whole chasis was basically re-engineered

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
in a straight line, maybe. round a track? dream on...

$160,000 will get you at least $30k of mods on an already awesome platform. you'd never get the handling out of a VN unless the whole chasis was basically re-engineered

I beg to differ. $160000 is alot of money on driveline and suspension components.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
The W427 has been created for the cashed up execs with the ego to match the income.

Thats why they say only up to 427 will be built - I suspect that they will never build all of them. Unless the VE model carries on for 5 more years.

I reckon 427 will get built. 2 and a half year build period apparently. Over 100 already sold, so another 300 or so to go. Im sure the write up in Wheels and other magazines to come with this car actually being test driven will only push further sales. 300 cars aren't many to sell over 2 and a half year.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
It is a **** poor effort, 0-100 in 4.7 seconds? Yippeee, nothing a tuned LS1 wont munch, how is it worth 155k? Dry Sump setup with a monstrous engine? Yay how exciting. It is just a GTS with a bigger engine. The car looks bland, over priced and fuel economy well, 17 litres per 100? Thats pathetic. This car is priced at double what a BMW M5 is actually worth in AU dollars anywhere else in the world, A DB9 can be bought in real world terms at less than the price of this car. The W427 has NOTHING special about it, sure it is expensive but so are many other cars.
If i had to part with that much coin, I'd certainly go the NEW V Spec R35.

Australian government needs to stop propping the **** out of Australian Manufactuers here, we get ripped big time because Ford and Holden cannot make competitivley priced cars. Christ imagine how great it would be to pay the real world price of 32k for a petrol or diesel 3 series BMW. Thats what everyone oelse ont he plant pays for them...except Australia

Considering it was Wheels that got a 4.7 second time and they believe theres still a few tenths in it (the track was damp) I think we will see better than that. If Motor don't get a 4.5 second 0-100 on a dry track i'll be very suprised, and a 12.6 second quarter as well. Keep in mind, Wheels struggle to pull a 5.5/5.4 second 0-100 in the normal E series HSV's.

This car should never have cost $155k, it should have been $120k max but the development costs blew out. What HSV have tried to do here is great, after all they only have commodores to work with. I can understand your attitude towards the car, but atleast they've had a crack.