Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Steady

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Newly installed Holden MD, Mike Devereux, is cautiously optimistic that the local GM outpost is headed for a win this financial year.
"We've had a very tough year last year -- $223 million in one-off charges actually, and a small after-tax profit... so on an operating basis, small profit last year," Devereux informed local journalists earlier today.
"We had a strong start to 2010. As Mark Bernhard [Holden's Chief Financial Officer] said on the earnings call, we're not claiming victory, but I expect this year to be a very good year for Holden -- and when we post our results next year, hopefully they will not need any explaining."
Along with expectations the company will post a profit, Devereux is anticipating further sales growth and an improving production scenario. The British-born Canadian has moved into the top position at Holden at a good time. In sales, Holden posted 20 per cent growth in January, 24 per cent growth in February and 28 per cent growth last month.
Yet the company is holding off reintroducing a second shift at the Elizabeth plant.
"We had an unprecedentedly horrific year as an industry -- not just Australia but the entire [global] industry last year. When we're in a position to increase the volume and [change] shift patterns, we're going to do that, but we're going to be talking to the union before anybody else actually, so we're not in a position to do that today."

Holden steady

Holden_Calais-V_SIDI_003.jpg

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thirteen days yes, apologies. I should go into journalism with that degree of reporting accuracy. :hit:

cozbyrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Buick Regal turbo
Things are sounding good for Holden especially since it sounds like they will be making a profit without exports. I'm hoping the Caprice PPV export program goes well along with the rumored civilian version of the commodore/caprice. And hopefully the exports are steady as well.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Finally some news about the next model Commodore...it has been rumoured that the facelifted model would debut around October 2010 for about two years. This is the first official release I've seen that confirms it.
Hope it's worth the wait.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
From the spy shots doing the rounds its not going to be anything drastic, probably along the lines of like Ford did with the BA-BF. There is rumour of major revisions to the interior though.

cozbyrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Buick Regal turbo
From the spy shots doing the rounds its not going to be anything drastic, probably along the lines of like Ford did with the BA-BF. There is rumour of major revisions to the interior though.

Can you share any of these spy shots? I've heard that there are some minor changes to the front with a new center stack for the interior. Also heard that the VF won't be out until the end of the year and not August.