Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
oh no, dont tell me theyre going back to the old round front, as if back pedal.

Nah - I think you will find it's justa US spec GTO car-bra disguise on the front that fitted well enough.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Can anybody recognise the wheels? They look like an earlier version of Statesman, but I can't recall seeing that design on a VE.

I agree with Reaper regarding the car bra - simply adapted an existing one to the new front. You wouldn't bother coming up with a new one to suit the new design because you would be giving too much away and the idea is to conceal the new design as long as possible.

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
I saw something similar to the pontiac ones driving down kings way in the city. It was left hand drive and had a massive sticker on the rear bumper saying so lol. It looked rather bland.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I saw something similar to the pontiac ones driving down kings way in the city. It was left hand drive and had a massive sticker on the rear bumper saying so lol. It looked rather bland.

There are still a few LHD G8's getting around. NFI why since it has been discontinued but does add petrol to the fire of rumors about a return to USA at some stage.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've never found it to be an issue.. but I guess after driving a Hiace all day where you can't see anything, you get used to blind spots!

Lol - maybe. I went for a herb around Apollo Bay last week (just off the Great Ocean Rd) and found the a pillar a real problem getting thru the twisties. Granted I was going somewhat quickly.

Was talking to ex HDT racing legend John Harvey a few months back comparing what we buy from the show rooms and what he raced int he 70's and 80's. In short he was very complimentary about the VE but noted that even he struggled picking apexes due to the A pillars.

Geez I love these cars :) :

2835259157_74670c5c14.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can't post a picture of a hatchback in the same thread as a VE, it makes the VE look full of fail :). REALLLLLY full of fail

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Lol - maybe. I went for a herb around Apollo Bay last week (just off the Great Ocean Rd) and found the a pillar a real problem getting thru the twisties. Granted I was going somewhat quickly.

I did most of the Ocean road in the Fiesta last night which also has big pillar's the very sharp right handers presented a large problem! I found myself laying onthe dash pretty much so I could see around the corner OR looking entirely out the side window:p, pretty stupid idea really. Goes good on the left handed corners tho :)

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
This is really interesting but why are spy pics always out of focus?
Mainly the fact that vehicles under development are kept under strict security. Usually in no camera and no camera phone areas. Taking a photo can cost you your job in these areas.

So when photos are taken they're usually a fair distance away and low and behold zooms arn't great when the vehicles are so far away from the cameras allowed area.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You can't post a picture of a hatchback in the same thread as a VE, it makes the VE look full of fail . REALLLLLY full of fail

Sorry - just wanted to show what John Harvey drove. :p

I did most of the Ocean road in the Fiesta last night which also has big pillar's the very sharp right handers presented a large problem! I found myself laying onthe dash pretty much so I could see around the corner OR looking entirely out the side window:p, pretty stupid idea really. Goes good on the left handed corners tho :)

Yeah - I think it is more a modern cars rather than peculiar to just the VE. Steeply raked windscreens don't help either as the pillar is much closer to the drivers head than before.

Compare the pillars of now vs (say) 32 years ago:

2006_Holden_VE_Commodore_6.jpg

Torana75b.jpg

(oops - how did that get there???)