Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Who else can't pick the difference between those pics and a current VE? :confused:

There'd wanna be something pretty dramatic under that car bra...

i cant see any real differences, sorta like the VR and VS.

dont like the name either for some reason, IDK why though, it just doesn't have the same ring to it. VF??

EDIT: actually, at a holden dealer near the entrance to the F3, i saw a commy with what looked like a revised pontiac front end, maybe they were trying it on AD to see if it caught attention

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
just googled it, this is one guys chop of the VF

hsv-w4271.jpg

and here is another which looks like the real deal

holdenvfcommodore.jpg

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
dont forget that there is the special edition SS-V with the pontiac front end

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
dont forget that there is the special edition SS-V with the pontiac front end

i didn't know that *scratched head*, i didn't see that in the brochure holden sent me recently either???

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Definately interesting, so they're keeping the indicators on the guards and not moving them up to the indicators (unless that's a VE with VF drivetrain etc.)

I wouldn't expect anything except the headlights (TT36ish?), bumpers and interior to get a revision, sheet metal would call for something drastic... VT and VZ doors look the same, as do VN and VS doors. Hell even the AU and BA have the same doors

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Definately interesting, so they're keeping the indicators on the guards and not moving them up to the indicators (unless that's a VE with VF drivetrain etc.)

I wouldn't expect anything except the headlights (TT36ish?), bumpers and interior to get a revision, sheet metal would call for something drastic... VT and VZ doors look the same, as do VN and VS doors. Hell even the AU and BA have the same doors

I think you will find the configuration found in the SIDI cars will be around for a while with only minor tweaks and power upgrades. Holden seem to leapfrog themselves with a major powertrain upgrade in one model and then a body/interior change in the next.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i didn't know that *scratched head*, i didn't see that in the brochure holden sent me recently either???

It's a limited edition thing to use up left over Pontiac G8 bits and pieces when that model was canned.

Reaper

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Doors are the most expensive panels to change completely in a facelift, because they involve inner and outer skins, and the window and locking mechanisms, so interim model changes tend to leave the basic centre structure unchanged, with facelifted front and rear ends.

Elsewhere in this thread, reducing the thickness of the A pillar has been mentioned. To do this on the VE would be a very expensive exercise, but one that Holden really shouldn't ignore. It would require new engineering and upgraded structures within the pillar and probably more expensive steels to enable the structural integrity of the car to be retained. They might also revise the door upper frame but that is a separate component which could be altered without affecting the basic door pressings.

If the VE shape still has a couple of years left in it, I believe they will have to address this fault in the existing design.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I'm not sure that it's the pillar thats why, but the interior packaging of the curtaion airbags alongside the pillars. Not every model has the curtain airbags. but they all use the pillar trim.

To my mind, the pillar is actually ok, but the trim is very wide - horizontally and intrudes over the dash a little making it very hard to see around.