Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm not sure that it's the pillar thats why, but the interior packaging of the curtaion airbags alongside the pillars. Not every model has the curtain airbags. but they all use the pillar trim.

To my mind, the pillar is actually ok, but the trim is very wide - horizontally and intrudes over the dash a little making it very hard to see around.

That's true to a point but other manufacturers fit curtain airbags and have pillars that are much slimmer than the VE. The cost of engineering pillars with the required strength that would have been slimmer than the VE's ended up, was the reason they are so thick. To reduce the dimensions, higher graded and more expensive metals have to be used. the Commodore is still intended to be marketed in the lower cost sector of the market, so cost of production is a major factor for the company.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
from what the spy pics are looking like - it reminds me of the Pontiac front end.

and after seeing another image of the 2006 Pontiac Monaro - i think it's EXACTLY the same.

maybe to play around they have stuck on the pontiac front end and the real front end is something different?

They do look alike... hmmmm.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
They do look alike... hmmmm.

I think you will find it's a US spec GTO car bra. What is underneath will be very different.

Reaper

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
i actually dont have a problem with my VE MY10. But then again, I'm used to driving the mrs old ride (a Honda Jazz) which had rediculous blind spots behind huge A pillars.

I reckon VE body shape is here to stay for a few more years yet... no way they are going to stuff around with the pillars until they release a completely new body shape (too costly). And since the current body shape is still selling like hotcakes, it'll be cosmetic stuff if anything... different interior, lights etc.

But god I hope they dont go round face like that butt ugly Pontiac. I honestly think the current front end looks fine... damn fine. Just get rid of the huge bling bling Holden logo the size of a dish.

SquishyShoes

or something like that
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shoes
Wouldn't be suprised if they went with the Pontiac G8 style front end.

08_Pontiac_G8_frtang_cad_430.jpg

GM invested in those pontiac designs and now that all that has fallen through in the USA it would have sense to try and recoop costs by using those parts here.

I went to my local holden dealer yesterday and ALL the commodores in their had that front on it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I had my first look at the G8 styling over the weekend. I have to confess I like it, and think it's much more effective than the boring Commodore styling on the front end.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
two cruze's

Attachments

• rwdchevroletcruzecoupe4.jpg
    rwdchevroletcruzecoupe4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14,826
  • feat06chevycruze04.jpg
    feat06chevycruze04.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,113

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
just googled it, this is one guys chop of the VF

hsv-w4271.jpg

This was a make up from the Coupe60 Concept a few years back.

and here is another which looks like the real deal

holdenvfcommodore.jpg

Those pics have been up since 2007 though, so I wouldnt look too much into them