Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden testing facelifted VE/VF Commodore

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
The first one's not the Australian one, almost looks photoshopped to be a coupe. The second one could be a wagon version?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The first one's not the Australian one, almost looks photoshopped to be a coupe. The second one could be a wagon version?

Yeah, it's obviously photoshopped. I just wanted to find out if there's a story behind it, or did someone decide to randamly do a chop of a Cruze coupe.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Yeah, it's obviously photoshopped. I just wanted to find out if there's a story behind it, or did someone decide to randamly do a chop of a Cruze coupe.

I'm gonna say just a random chop.
Funny, the Cruze has sold so well, yet there are a lot of alternator and powertrain problems with it already. Kinda defeats the purpose when the alternator fails after 3 months. We've had a few situations like that already.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Horn.
Pls tell us more. Your chop or somebody else's version of a rumour?

the coupe is photoshop, but the wagon is genuine (chev) cruze.
the photo was taken at flint michigan as pasted into the eifel tower backdrop.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Chris Liddell said:
What is “New GM’s” name?

Prior to bankruptcy GM was named General Motors Corporation.
The new, post-bankruptcy company is named General Motors Company.
The remaining parts of the old GM are now being called Motors Liquidation.

Who owns GM now?

GM is now a private company (technically).
The U.S. Treasury owns 60.8% of the company, the UAW VEBA trust has 17.5%,
Canadian and Ontario governments have 11.7% and the old GM has the remaining 10%.

Will GM ever be publicly traded again?

Yes. The U.S. Government hopes to issue an Initial Public Offering (IPO) on the new company sometime in 2010.
When the IPO is issued the new GM will be back on the NYSE.

How is the balance sheet?

Much better. The new GM is claiming $11 Billion in debt, down from over $50 Billion at old GM.
$9 Billion of the new debt is preferred stock, which could change under new accounting.
Total liabilities at the new GM are now at $48.4 Billion total, which is down from $176.4 Billion on May 31st at old GM.
Liabilities include accounts payable, pensions, warranties and more.

What are the labor costs?

Reports are saying that UAW labor costs are down to an average of $45 per hour per employee.
That includes retiree benefits and health care costs lumped in. That is down from about $75 an hour prior to bankruptcy.

Which brands still exist?

GM North America will consist of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.
International brands are unaffected by the bankruptcy.

So, Bob Lutz is staying?

Yep. Lutz has been Chairman of the GM Global Product Board for the last few years.
He will remain Chairman of that, but the board is now called the GM Executive Committee.
The new Committee is in charge of overseeing everything related to products and marketing.
Lutz will be tackling marketing decisions, product decisions, and anything related to customers.

Will GM pay back the government?

Yes. The baseline plan calls for the government to be repaid by 2015, but CEO Fritz Henderson says that it will happen sooner.
A lot of the repayment is going to depend on when the government elects to sale their shares of the new GM.

Is new GM profitable?

The company expects to be profitable by mid 2010 or sooner.

What about warranties?

New GM took on the liabilities of all vehicle warranties of vehicles sold prior and during the bankruptcy,
even on brands that are no longer part of GM. Pontiac vehicles will continue to be covered by GM warranty through any GM dealership.

chris liddell fmr ceo microsoft

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Mark Ruess had a little web chat not long ago, it was very interesting how he and holden dealt with the gm bankruptcy. In the time gm was under holden became a self run entity, in effect they run their own show made their own luck spent their own money bla bla. It shows holden can be a self run company but still work within gm global.

It shows when people come from overseas they leave with a big heart and a red holden cap. Holden has made some big friends and they are here to stay. And this update better be good.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'm gonna say just a random chop.
Funny, the Cruze has sold so well, yet there are a lot of alternator and powertrain problems with it already. Kinda defeats the purpose when the alternator fails after 3 months. We've had a few situations like that already.

:hmmm: Interesting. I've had mine for just on 4 months now and I've had no such problems. In fact, the thing drives really well for what it is.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
:hmmm: Interesting. I've had mine for just on 4 months now and I've had no such problems. In fact, the thing drives really well for what it is.

Guess its probably the way people treat rental cars that causes the problems lol

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air

Are they any good as a car, they would be great IMO if they came in a small 6 as well