Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to cut price of new VF Commodore by $10,000

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Keep your VZ man!
VZ interior ####'s all over my one

Wait for the VF

Kinng

I'd love too, but unfortunately I need to carry 2 Huskies around, so I really need to get a Sportwagon. Definitely going to be a Series 2, either Calais V or SSV, or will possibly stretch to a Tourer if the price is right.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
This still makes a VF more expensive than the equivalent VE. These are not drive away prices quoted. An SV6 auto is about $37k at the moment, a VF, even with a discount is still going to be about 40.

A lot of the more expensive models are going to be cheaper now, especially SSV.

This isn't going to affect VE resale hugely, because they are already worth nothing used. This is just making the RRP closer to the actual transaction price.

The base car is going to be a hard sell at that price. Good luck trying to get anyone to pay 36 or 37 on the road for a base commodore that's going to be worth 20 grand only 1 year old.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I want to know what transmission you get for your basic price, if auto trans is a further $2200, when nearly every model comes standard with auto anyway.

FirstVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS.II Commodore Executive
I've heard that production costs have been reduced for the VF, so it sounds like some of these will be passed on (even if it's in the form of features rather than price). It will be interesting to see what Holden do with their fleet pricing, though I'm guessing it won't change much.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If the manual is n/a on that model then the list price will be for auto. If there is an option it'll be for the manual which is just the SV6 and SS(x) models.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
You missed my point. If it comes standard with auto, and all except a couple of models do, how can you charge $2200 extra for the auto?

If you want a manual, you get it for the RRP. If not, you have to pay $2,200 extra.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you want a manual, you get it for the RRP. If not, you have to pay $2,200 extra.

Mate

Point missed - again.

Auto is standard on everything except SV6 and SS. You can't option manual on any other model, except maybe the base Ute.