Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to cut price of new VF Commodore by $10,000

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Mate

Point missed - again.

Auto is standard on everything except SV6 and SS. You can't option manual on any other model, except maybe the base Ute.

For SV6 / SS, the RRP is for the manual. If you want an auto, you pay $2,200 more.

For all other variants, the RRP is for the auto, since there is no other choice.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
You missed my point. If it comes standard with auto, and all except a couple of models do, how can you charge $2200 extra for the auto?

Because Manual is standard, always has been and always will be. It will always cost you $2 grand extra for an Auto box no matter who you buy from.

If the Evoke [Omega] variant comes standard with Auto and no manual option available then the quoted price is RRP including Auto, not +2200. Otherwise argue with the salesman.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Thought they were already mid 30's so should they come down to mid 25's if there offering 10k discount

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thought they were already mid 30's so should they come down to mid 25's if there offering 10k discount

For the daft amongst us:

1. The price differences are off the manufacturer RRP. Actual sale price is very different
2. It's not $10k off every model.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
For SV6 / SS, the RRP is for the manual. If you want an auto, you pay $2,200 more.

For all other variants, the RRP is for the auto, since there is no other choice.

Correct. That was the point I was trying to make out.

Djdomohudson

Try and buy a manual Omega. Good luck.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think you missed my point.

I'll put you in the right direction

standard with Auto and no manual option available then the quoted price is RRP including Auto, not +2200. Otherwise argue with the salesman.

And just for the record there should be a manual base model but there isn't. It's about time Holden caught up with europe.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
And just for the record there should be a manual base model but there isn't. It's about time Holden caught up with europe.

They had manual base models until around the MY08 VE. Guess most fleet cars/family cars sold were automatic so everyone could drive them. Plus the 3L V6 came in not long after, might've had compatability issues and didn't sell enough to warrant engineering a new gearbox for that engine.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd say so. Aussie drivers are a lot like American ones. Nobody learns or drives manual. It's very rare. Hence the business plan in planning around an Auto gearbox than including cost-deficit Manual transmission

Auto is rare as the days back home. Only elderly / disabled / rich people buy Auto's.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

I'm positive the *only* reason they stopped doing manual based models is due to lack of demand.

I'd say so. Aussie drivers are a lot like American ones. Nobody learns or drives manual. It's very rare. Hence the business plan in planning around an Auto gearbox than including cost-deficit Manual transmission

Auto is rare as the days back home. Only elderly / disabled / rich people buy Auto's.

I don't know where home is, but in Aus manual orders OEM are getting fewwer and fewwer. In another class of car, go try to sell a mazda 3 or corolla manual vs auto. Some people will want a manual and not consider an auto however they are very very much in the minority with most wanting only an auto and will not consider a manual.