Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to cut price of new VF Commodore by $10,000

Gunthrop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I don't think there will be a trademark issue, even though the 'brand' is said the same verbally, the logo & it's trademarks for the name are obviously completely different, so i doubt there will be any room for moving in on anything there.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Mitsubishi got funny back in the 80's when Hyundai released the Lantra in Australia. Overseas, the name was Elantra, but Mitsu already had a version of the Magna called Elante, so they bunged on a fuss and Hyundai released the car as the Lantra. Once the Magna model died, the name was changed to the full name we now have.

As I said, car companies get funny about their model names, sometimes at least.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Mitsubishi got funny back in the 80's when Hyundai released the Lantra in Australia. Overseas, the name was Elantra, but Mitsu already had a version of the Magna called Elante, so they bunged on a fuss and Hyundai released the car as the Lantra. Once the Magna model died, the name was changed to the full name we now have.

As I said, car companies get funny about their model names, sometimes at least.

What about the Toyota Celica and the Mitsubishi Delica?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What about the Toyota Celica and the Mitsubishi Delica?

The Delica was a domestic model not sold by Mitsu in Aus. Those you see around our roads are grey imports, imported second hand and sold through independent dealers, not Mitsu ones. Maybe the Jap trademark regs are different.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hmm, read an article in the latest Wheels today. Holden trademarked the "Evoke" nameplate some time back, before Range Rover intro'd the Evoque. Senior Holden man suggested that the prestige nameplate might rub off on the Commodore....

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Great pricing great kit. I love the interior great exterior but i can't see myself buying one. I'm always interested in seeing what Holden builds and what Ford is offering but sometime ago i left my passion behind, but kudos to Holden it's a wonderful car they built in the VF.