Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to revive Peter Brock’s Director badge

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Blend of Calais V and some Redline bits. Does this interest you? Auto only so this doesn't interest me personally.

Most importantly, MRC has made it to Commodore for the first time. This confirms what I'm waiting for - there will be other sports limited editions coming and MRC was one bit I was hoping for.
The Director is one of a number of limited-edition Commodore models Holden will wheel out before the close of local manufacturing in late 2017. Insiders say there are still “a few more tricks up our sleeve” for those wanting the last Aussie V8. Expect more sports models, including a more overtly styled model to sit above the SS-V Redline.

See article below:
EXCLUSIVE: Holden to revive Peter Brock

As with original Directors, the Holden Commodore VFII-based model’s emphasis will be on performance with a healthy dose of luxury.
The Director will get the full fruit of the Calais V along with unique interior appointments such as Director embroidery and badging.
Outside, a Director-specific spoiler package will include a subtle but distinctive rear wing, while Holden stylists have created a unique 20-inch alloy wheel design to complement the look.
Holden will also infuse the Director with Holden Commodore SS-V Redline components, including more powerful Brembo brakes in keeping with the emphasis on dynamics.
Key to the Director’s dynamic talents will be a version of HSV’s Magnetic Ride Control that adjusts dampers for driver-selectable ride and handling tweaks. It is the first time this technology has been used in a factory Holden and reaffirms the company’s desire to position the Director as Holden’s performance-luxury pinnacle.

All Directors will come with a six-speed auto transmission, leaving manual fans holding their breath for other upcoming limited-edition Commodores.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Sounds like my cup of tea......... Not sure the price tag will be though!

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Bit of an odd name to use, especially if they tie it in with Brock, considering the Director was the car that got Brock in strife with Holden back in the late 80's.

Nice car, though comes across as a cheaper version of the Senator

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Using Peter's name like this is tacky thumbsdn GM.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
roll out one more line of the VN..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Using Peter's name like this is tacky thumbsdn GM.
While I agree, I don't think it would bother anyone considering buying one.
I also don't see how the Director badge would have any positive effect on anyone buying one.

I don't know the current street price of cocaine, maybe it would have caused the marketing department's budget for coming up with something new to skyrocket, so it was cheaper to recycle a badge?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
It sounds good, but still looks like a Calais, if you are looking for sporty looks then this is not one of them. Interested to see what special edition SSVR there will be and if it will get MRC? Just wonder whether to order mine now or hold out to see what else they come up with. Although I have seen the colour pallet for MY17 and none of the colours really appeal to me.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Are those foglights currently available?
I thought I'd heard complaints about them having been deleted (or are they now options rather than standard on everything but an Evoke)?

$60k - $70k ... dunno how many they'd sell at $75k on the road.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
It sounds good, but still looks like a Calais, if you are looking for sporty looks then this is not one of them. Interested to see what special edition SSVR there will be and if it will get MRC? Just wonder whether to order mine now or hold out to see what else they come up with. Although I have seen the colour pallet for MY17 and none of the colours really appeal to me.

It's up to you but I'm holding out to see what happens. Not only are there more specials set to come out but we might also see MY17 updates in October.

Anyone with a HSV will tell you how much the MRC is to fix when it fails.

Can you please elaborate on this? Have there been issues? Is it a notable difference?