Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden to revive Peter Brock’s Director badge

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I would seriously consider one.

I have the series 1 Calais V, but have lowered it, marriage savers and about to tune and OTR.

Love the balance of luxury and sporty performance...... And to be honest I always liked the director name.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Can you please elaborate on this? Have there been issues? Is it a notable difference?

I dont think there was higher rates of failures. Just when something happened to them, they were INSANELY expensive to replace. Its just one of those extra things that can go wrong and when it does, ####s you.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
It's up to you but I'm holding out to see what happens. Not only are there more specials set to come out but we might also see MY17 updates in October.

Can you please elaborate on this? Have there been issues? Is it a notable difference?

Yea I know that MY17 is due out in October this year, but none of the colours that I have been shown look appealing. Just trying to make the decision buy the one you like in the colour you like or wait for a "maybe" special edition in the colour choice you don't like. I have been tossing up for such a long time on a SSVR that I am now back looking at GEN F2 Clubsport. Sometimes I think im worse than a women when it comes time to making a decision

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yea I know that MY17 is due out in October this year, but none of the colours that I have been shown look appealing. Just trying to make the decision buy the one you like in the colour you like or wait for a "maybe" special edition in the colour choice you don't like. I have been tossing up for such a long time on a SSVR that I am now back looking at GEN F2 Clubsport. Sometimes I think im worse than a women when it comes time to making a decision

Buy the one your gut tells you to, this decision making process has always gotten me into trouble but I'm 100% happy with that!

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

What color(s) are you looking at that won't be available in MY17? Guessing some like it hot?
It all depends on what's more important to you. I'm going for white so that won't be an issue for me. If I had to choose a colour I liked now vs some additional bits later, I think I would always wait for the hardware, as there are other colours which are "good enough."

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I currently own a VF CalaisV and don't like the face of the car.
So for me, there are two issues, the face of the car and no manual.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
What color(s) are you looking at that won't be available in MY17? Guessing some like it hot?
It all depends on what's more important to you. I'm going for white so that won't be an issue for me. If I had to choose a colour I liked now vs some additional bits later, I think I would always wait for the hardware, as there are other colours which are "good enough."

Im wanting jungle green. That's being finished up at the end of MY16 along with Some like It Hot. The Spitfire Green which is replacing Jungle Green is to flat and looks very Atmomic. Im not wanting a dark coloured car and I already own a Fusion Monaro so don't want another orange coloured car with the new paint colour Light My Fire. So Jungle Green is the only one that takes my fancy out of the range.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Just ditch it and go aftermarket.

I agree.

However, the MRC upgrade is one of two things on this car that is different about the car. If youre going to ditch it for aftermarket, are those redline brakes and fancy spoiler worth the what, 15-20grand over the standard cost?

This is the epitome of cashing in on an old name in the form of a sticker special. They seem to be getting good with it reviving the Sandman as well. Cant wait for the HSV Manta and maybe a Group A or something lol.