Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden unveils 2007 VE Commodore race car

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
with all the esp crap wonder if it will slide out on the drivers or stick to the road

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
whats the bet they cant use esp anyway.

The regs will make it so they dont get an unfair advantage, basically meaning it will be a VZ inside a VE shell. bloody asshats

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Looks good, every year its getting better!

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
Sweet... that thing looks hot :)

Interested by Kelly's comments though, how he says its the best race car he has ever driven... Yet it shouldnt really be any different to the VZ.

the engine is mounted directly over the front axles ... how could it possibly be anything LIKE a vz???? just that characteristic alone completely alters the way a car handles ... exascerbated only by the fact its on a supercar level, so it could make a helluva difference to how they set the ve up for the track.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
it wouldnt be as good but wouldnt it be funny if they did a 100% stock fpv and hsv race, at least they way the manufactuers could pit one against the other to show which truely is the better factory form, rather than the usual shell on a frame idiocy

klaw81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
it wouldnt be as good but wouldnt it be funny if they did a 100% stock fpv and hsv race, at least they way the manufactuers could pit one against the other to show which truely is the better factory form, rather than the usual shell on a frame idiocy
I suggested something similar in this thread: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=42068

Why wouldn't it be as good? Admittedly the speeds would be slower, but the racing would theoretically be close enough to be interesting & entertaining, and the race would actually have some relevance.

I love the way the marketing man talks about Holden's "considerable motorsport heritage" and somehow makes it sound like they actually race Commodores. When was the last time a real street Commodore raced in Bathurst?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It is a pity that from the front the guards look way overflared, it almost seems liek the front bar needs to be modified to blend more into the guards..side on it looks like a vicious racecar :)

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Yer it sure looks good but WHY will it be faster?

Same running gear.
Same gear box.
Same motor.
Same diff ratios to select from.
Same brakes.
Even the same drivers.

So how is it going to be faster unless they have use slippery paint!

I though there are restriction in place inforced by C.A.M.S. that restrects what you can and can not have.

But hey I am just asking the question HOW!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
read s0sages post, motor is in a different position to the vz, there will be other suspension changes in regards to wheelbase length, maybe wider track width, it may be runing same motor, box, etc but the new setup could prove to be much quicker through corners now.