Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden unveils 2007 VE Commodore race car

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Source: www.holdenmotorsport.com

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=66242

00116139-image.jpg

As Holden’s new VE Commodore rapidly becomes part of Australia’s motoring landscape, Holden Motorsport has unveiled its race car variant for competitive debut in the 2007 V8 Supercar season.
While still undergoing homologation (approval process) to meet Project Blueprint guidelines for 2007, Holden took the wraps off its race car prototype, complete in dayglo red generic team livery prior to its despatch for further aerodynamic testing at Woomera in South Australia.
Holden Racing Team’s Mark Skaife was one of the first to test the prototype at Holden’s Lang Lang facility last month.
“If there’s a better looking race car around, I haven’t seen it!” commented Skaife.
“The flared guards of the VE road car suit the race variant perfectly and give the car a real hard nosed Euro stance – it’s going to look fantastic at race circuits around the country.
“Under our category rules, the performance of the VE will need to be pretty much line ball with our current VZ Commodores to protect the existing parity system.”
Skaife’s HRT team-mate, Todd Kelly was impressed with his first drive of the new generation racer.
“That would have to be the best race car I’ve ever driven. If the new VE Commodore race car goes half as good as it looks, then watch out. I can’t wait to get behind the wheel for the Clipsal 500 season opener in Adelaide next March,” Kelly said.

00116140-image.jpg

Alan Batey, GM Holden Ltd Executive Director – Sales, Marketing and Aftersales, said the development of the VE Commodore race variant was in line with Holden’s considerable motorsport heritage.
“Holden is the only manufacturer to continually support a factory race team over the past four decades, while Commodore is the most winning car in Bathurst touring car history,” Batey said.
Since 1980, when Commodore was introduced to the race track, it has won 18 times in 27 years at Mount Panorama, including a record seven wins in a row, between 1999-2005.
“The race car homologation process has led Holden to build classics like the sixties and seventies Monaros and V8 Toranas, and the highly collectible sporting Commodores from Peter Brock and Holden Special Vehicles. I’m sure that the future VE Commodores will sit happily in that company.”
Once the prototype specifications are rubber stamped, the race is on amongst the Holden teams to produce VEs for the 2007 season opener.

Simon McNamara, GM Holden Ltd Manager - Motorsport, said the company had been working with its teams and TEGA on development of the VE racing variant for over a year.
“All of our teams have had a significant input into the design process and they will soon begin building their own VE race cars. It is Holden’s ambition for them to start next year with new cars,” McNamara said.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Pfft... Stupid blueprint regulations....

Going to be spec`d Down masively.

Cheers
MaT

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Looks tough but the headlights still look to BA for me.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
looks great, i hope it performs as good as it looks

VRS_Dave

Shiny VR
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Series II S Pack
looks bloody awesome

just shows what 1 million in design it can do

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
im loving the decal. i want one, exactly the same.