Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden V8 Muscle ute

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SS Thunder Ute 6ltr V8 manual
Shopping for one now, thinking 6ltr not too old or too new. My budget around 15K
Still learning and wonder what years are better than others? I want to slowly mod it up to higher Horsepower
or find one that has sensable mods already done maybe.
The motor should be easy to do things to, LS2 seems to be very popular and somewhat bullet-proof.
Go easy on me with all the abbreviations and years rather than model Letters as I don't know them yet.
Thanks
C-man

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Any of the LS engines with a cam, valve springs, tune and exhaust should go nicely and kits are cheap as chips because of how popular those engines are.

For 15k you'd be able to pick up a tidy S1 VE Ute I'd say.

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks bro. and where is the best place to look? Cars guide? Gumtree? anything I should watch out for?
Cheers!
C-man

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Love it! and the sleeper look is just my style, don't like flashy low-riders, I actually prefer the 3 seater bench too.
It's just a little 5ltr with lots of boost.
I was talking with the Dyno and machine shop guys and they said be careful buying something already modded, as over reving can do lots of damage and the only way to get the HP out of the smaller motors is to rev them.
The 6ltr will already have the torque that I want, just take a stock one and let it breath with some cold air induction and exhaust system and they will re-map it on the dyno. That may be enough for awile and later if I want to go down the cam road, well then I can always save up for that.
If I had the coin I really like this puppy---with a 427 but very expensive.$$$$$$ 40K
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-d..._medium=email&utm_campaign=reply_message_copy