Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Ve Battery saving mode

snuglez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE THUNDER
Hi all Was driving home about an hour ago , 30 minutes into my way home the battery saving mode came on . I was charging my phone and listening to music through my sound system aswell car has sub and amp. I got home turned car off for 5 minute got back in and it started strong and battery saving mode was gone . Driving for 10-15 minutes it came back on followed by the whole electrical system going awol i had airbag fault abs fault stability control fault the screen went off and i lost power so i pulled over and the car died and wont turn back on . Im now sitting here does anyone know whats happened im guessing jump starting wont work . Battery is about a year and 3 months old . Thanks

Stuart123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV Manual Sportwagon
I'd guess your drawing more amps than your alternator is putting out, which would be pretty hard to do if the alternator is working properly.
And/or battery is stuffed and not holding charge. Always worth checking battery first as they can just die one day. Running a sub and an amp will speed up the process :)

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Check battery terminals are secure.
Its either crap battery or alternator not charging properly for some reason.

snuglez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE THUNDER
I'd guess your drawing more amps than your alternator is putting out, which would be pretty hard to do if the alternator is working properly.
And/or battery is stuffed and not holding charge. Always worth checking battery first as they can just die one day. Running a sub and an amp will speed up the process :)
I charged the battery over night , stuck it back in the car and started it up and the alternator icon has popped up on the screen. Do you know the best way to access the alternator for removal ? Cheers

Stuart123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV Manual Sportwagon
Nah man I'm no mechanic. Got a cousin I send my car to for repairs :)
Least you know what it is now, shame it wasn't the battery as that's cheaper but ell well.