Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE Commodore: Fuel Economy Figures

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
"Small cars" are now as big as Commodores used to be, and "Family cars" are just HUGE!
You're so right there, a VB would be considered now a days as a small car:yeah:.

At the motorshow last year, we fit all 6 foot plus 100kg plus adults (minus one skinny 70kg in the middle) into a yaris 4 door. Head room was good and we had good leg room, now the guy in the middle might have been a touch unhappy over 50km, but we all fit. Vb's couldn't take 5 large adults any better. We also tried this with a corolla, surprisingly not as roomy:bop:.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
yeah i compared my vl to my mates ve and his is huge comparing the 2 and i recon if i got a 6speed manual engine from the new range of sidi engines i would get even better economy then the VEs would

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
its just the time we are in now during the 80's fuel jumped significantly and more smaller cars were getting more popular compared to the 70's big cars and big engines! but then kinda just went up agen at in the 90's and early 2000's now they are just making bigger cars with smaller and more fuel efficient engines.
watch more smaller cars get made its already happening.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Cruising The Hay Plains

Recently took the VE for a run from the outskirts of Sydney to Canberra and return. On the return trip the average speed was 97.9 km/h and fuel economy was 8.7L/100km; that's nothing special I suppose but I'm quite happy with the figure.

The best fuel economy was 8.6L with an avergae speed of about 103 km/h.

V6 60th Anniversary Commodore

Recently took the VE for another run from Sydney to Adelaide and return.

Floored it a few times but most was with the cruise control activated.

Average speed was 104 km/h and fuel economy was 8.6L/100km.
:thumbsup:
V6 60th Anniversary Commodore
<!-- / message -->

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
yeah i compared my vl to my mates ve and his is huge comparing the 2 and i recon if i got a 6speed manual engine from the new range of sidi engines i would get even better economy then the VEs would

the new range of sidi engines aren't that good, 10nm of extra torque and 20kw over a vz ho motor

my vz can get 900kms out of a tank on the hwy and thats with some "heavy overtaking"

when i drove from adel to melb i avg 7.4l/100km, with said overtaking, i got 750kms on 3/4 tank of fuel

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Some pretty awesome fuel consumption figures coming out of new cars these days. Wonder how they respond to a heavy foot ;)

Harey, I'd say pretty good, especially on the open highway; it's hard to generalise but some of us have a heavier foot than others; of course we all do the speed limit and no one goes over 110 do they?

Last edited: