Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE Commodore: Fuel Economy Figures

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
don't mean to be rude or arrogant, but the vy "povo packs" were the last to have a 5 speed manual as standard. the wagons had the autos as standard but not the sedans.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Manuals and base models.

My concern has been more regarding the lack of manual transmissions in the upmarket models.

Early Commodores had manual gearboxes as a NCD (nil cost delete) on Calais for instance.

From VZ, manual transmission could only be had with spoilers, etc. That was the reason that I bought one of the last VYII manual V6 Execs.

Reading the paper though, it appears that a manual V8 option is available on VE Berlina, for not that much more than the SV6. Now that would be tempting - good reason to go the V8.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
funny how so many of us want to see more manual options, yet the majority of commodores on the road are autos. i would love for their to be manuals available on ALL models

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
commod8 said:
funny how so many of us want to see more manual options, yet the majority of commodores on the road are autos. i would love for their to be manuals available on ALL models

Probably cause enthusiasts will prefer manuals over auto's but in the market the manuals arent that popular. Holden wouldn't drop the manual 'povo pack' if they made a profit from it.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Fekason said:
My concern has been more regarding the lack of manual transmissions in the upmarket models.

Early Commodores had manual gearboxes as a NCD (nil cost delete) on Calais for instance.

From VZ, manual transmission could only be had with spoilers, etc. That was the reason that I bought one of the last VYII manual V6 Execs.

Reading the paper though, it appears that a manual V8 option is available on VE Berlina, for not that much more than the SV6. Now that would be tempting - good reason to go the V8.

The only six speed option in the V8 VE Berlina is for the Auto with Active Select...:cry:

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
those figures are totally misleading as they are for a combined cycle. next year car makers are going to be forced to cite separate figures for urban and extra-urban as well as a combined figure. that will really show how well the VE stacks up against the compitition. i would be amazed if anyone could get an Omega to do 10.9 lt/100km in the city.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
trepaul said:
i would be amazed if anyone could get an Omega to do 10.9 lt/100km in the city.

And ANYONE who thinks that is what the figures currently quote is simply a moron!!! EVERYONE knows the sticker on the car is a best case scecnario AVERAGE. It only gets better on the highway and worse around town...

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
davey g-force said:
Bit of a bummer about the SSV A6 figures going up slightly. Oh well, I might just have to get a M6 SSV instead...:dance:

the holden guys said the gear ratios didn't suit the test drive cycle and that in the real world the extra ratios would probably reduce fuel consumption.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
jules said:
the holden guys said the gear ratios didn't suit the test drive cycle and that in the real world the extra ratios would probably reduce fuel consumption.

Yeah? That's good to hear...