Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VE Commodore: Fuel Economy Figures

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
And ANYONE who thinks that is what the figures currently quote is simply a moron!!! EVERYONE knows the sticker on the car is a best case scecnario AVERAGE. It only gets better on the highway and worse around town...

CBD driving won't be 10.9 but around the suburbs i reckon it would be. trip computer on the vz i drive reads around the 11.1L/100km mark - sometimes a little bit more, but sometimes a bit less too.

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
good to hear yes

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
jules said:
the holden guys said the gear ratios didn't suit the test drive cycle and that in the real world the extra ratios would probably reduce fuel consumption.

They also said they set the car up for performance? Which is it?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
In real world driving there petrol figures achieved be the testers giving them some stick has been better then Holden's own figures. Was it go-Auto ? that was getting under 10l/100 up and down hills and stuff. Even the V8's were better off they said.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
VE Fuel Economy

Recently took the VE for a run from the outskirts of Sydney to Canberra and return. On the return trip the average speed was 97.9 km/h and fuel economy was 8.7L/100km; that's nothing special I suppose but I'm quite happy with the figure.

The best fuel economy was 8.6L with an avergae speed of about 103 km/h.

V6 60th Anniversary Commodore

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
On my vz v6 when my average speed was 100 i was in the mid 7l/100

Harey

Reaction score
Some pretty awesome fuel consumption figures coming out of new cars these days. Wonder how they respond to a heavy foot ;)

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
I don't get it, the VS is quoted at 11.5 city, 7.2 highway which is way better than all of them mentioned here???

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The VS was the most efficient Commodore, The AU was the most effcient Falcon they ever made (The AU will run in the 7's if not high 6's on the highway). That's the way it goes sometimes, you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure out that both the VS and the AU were the last 'light weight" models from each company

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
'strue. The new VE/BF range of Falcondores are nudging 300C weight. It's getting out of control :p

"Small cars" are now as big as Commodores used to be, and "Family cars" are just HUGE!