Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Hi there guys, lately I'm having some problems with my manual ve sv6 ute few weeks ago car started to smell weird and i've denied it beause i was quite busy today i took it to my mechanic, told me it has a leak on its head apprently my engine is on its way as well as water pump chain radiator and few other stuff. I'm quite angry at this situation because I've never had a problem with my vy ss,vz or even with the vz on my hilux. I know i bought this ute second hand few months ago but every single service was done and it was well looked after bought it near 175ks now its 220 i dont know what to do. Have you guys been in this situation? is it worh keeping this car even after its fixed? I even bought a supercharger from states for it and now i don't know what to do...

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
One should NEVER ignore a problem, particularly in a vehicle, as it will only get worse and worse sorry to say.

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Yea i know I've replaced and refilled my coolant etc but didnt think it was actually this bad and for an everyday driver i should've been more careful. Buts its too late by the way what shoul i do to fix this problrm do you have an idea by any chance?

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Mate, if you don't trust what the mechanic has told you, bring it somewhere else for a second opinion?
I'm not really sure what kind of answer you are looking for, it either needs a heap of work, or it doesn't.

It sounds like either a rebuild or a new motor.

In fairness, it's got 220000km on it, so it's probably due a refresh.

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
I kinda trust him about what needs to be changed but the only thing that makes me nervous about it is the price i dont know if he gave me a good price and i really don't want anyone else to fix my car because when i rebuilt my lux from a different mech he f....ed my gearbox. Also its quite interesting that ve series are a little weaker than vy or vz. Never had a serious problem before 300 320 with them ones so now even if i put a new motor makes me worry if this is going to happen again. If it is going to happen if this is a common problem I'll just turn this car into a project or a race car any opinions on that?