Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VF UTE reverse gear problem

LinR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF UTE 2015
After one week my recently purchased auto VF 6cyl 3.6L Petrol UTE ('15) started being slow to engage and reverse out of a driveway that is almost flat, it struggles to move up a slight slope to start with and doesn't move on any 45'o' slope at all. It just rev's out.
When in drive gear the car is works fine.
Transmission fluid is at recommended level. No engine bay or transmission knocking sounds are noticeable from the cabin or when standing outside the vehicle.
Q.
Does anyone know if this is a common problem due to wear and tear or a fault that has been appearing in this model after 16months use i.e 87K on the clock?
Q.
Is this matter something to confront the GMH dealership (seller) about or should I go direct to a Holden dealership that repairs vehicles and make a repair claim using the warranty.

I hope to resolve the matter using the last of the car's warranty before it expires in a couple of months.
Our other Commodore Omega 2009 and 2013 sedans work fine so this was unexpected.
Any possible explanations based on similar experience would be greatly appreciated.

All advice is much appreciated. The car is now booked in with a Holden dealer. They have accepted responsibility to examine and repair the car.

Last edited:

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The original Holden warranty should still be in force on your vehicle. I haven't heard or read that this is a common fault. Contact the selling dealer first about the problem, and if you don't get a satisfactory result, contact Holden Customer Service direct.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Not a common fault, if under stat warranty go to selling dealer otherwise any Holden dealer for original warranty.

LinR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF UTE 2015
The original Holden warranty should still be in force on your vehicle. I haven't heard or read that this is a common fault. Contact the selling dealer first about the problem, and if you don't get a satisfactory result, contact Holden Customer Service direct.
Thanks. I have booked in the car to have the problem looked at.

LinR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF UTE 2015
Not a common fault, if under stat warranty go to selling dealer otherwise any Holden dealer for original warranty.
Thanks. I have booked in the car with a Holden dealer.

Dan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais (2014)
Hey Lin!

I am having the exact same problems with my Holden VF Calais exactly how you described.

Did you end up finding the problem and fixing it???

Much appreciated!