Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VH Kill Switch

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not sure what starter/engine harness you're using vn or vh or custom.

If it still has vn starter harness there will be a plug with 2 wires on it (brown for charge light & purple for solenoid starter) can get away with joining them to vh firewall plug to get it started.

White wire off alternator is load sensing needed for alternator to charge...can go to positive battery terminal or like most do loop it to alternator stud.

Also need cel wire hooked up to globe although sometimes I'd cheat by putting it to handbrake wire....flashing hanbrake for cel/fault codes got funny reactions.

* common also for engine harness plug & firewall plug to go brittle...enough to cause voltage issues or no power at all.

You'll get there eventually just by mucking around with it & some google or yt searching helps if stuck

James_W

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VH 304 EFI
You wouldn't believe it, it ended up being the neutral safety switch and the trick was to push the knob latch and move the shifter forward ever so slightly!!!

Sadly the 5+ year old fuel (the only fluid I didn't replace) in the car wasn't enough to get the first startup so we are getting the fuel tank professionally cleaned by a radiator guy nearby & replacing fuel pump, filter and looks like we have another leaky injector as well so this time we are going to reinstall with new o-rings as last time it was just an uninstall & reinstall job.

Thanks everyone for your help! I hope this helps someone else.

I'm sure you will hear more from me very soon.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
You wouldn't believe it, it ended up being the neutral safety switch and the trick was to push the knob latch and move the shifter forward ever so slightly!!!

Sadly the 5+ year old fuel (the only fluid I didn't replace) in the car wasn't enough to get the first startup so we are getting the fuel tank professionally cleaned by a radiator guy nearby & replacing fuel pump, filter and looks like we have another leaky injector as well so this time we are going to reinstall with new o-rings as last time it was just an uninstall & reinstall job.

Thanks everyone for your help! I hope this helps someone else.

I'm sure you will hear more from me very soon.
good to hear it was the suspect neutrol safety switch :)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Cool...most often fix will be something simple.