Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VK...call me silly

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
hahaha love the comments guys, I kinda knew it would be a touchy subject. i was expecting to cop a lot of crap lol And no I wasn't under any influence what so ever whilst posting this thread or coming up with the idea in my head haha, i deeply apologise for such a stir. Only reason why I thought of this is because the Cleveland I got came out of an xb gt and it was a high 12 second daily driver back in the 90's has race crank and Detroit locker etc and this thing was a beast, and those things weigh quite a lot aswell so I kinda day dreamed that if this Cleveland was in a vk. scary to think how fast this Cleveland would go in a vk. 5litres and ls1's are awesome but I already have a ls1 ute which I am very happy with and after purchasing an ls1 car I will never go back to a 5 litre. but having said that the zh i previously owned had a 351, after properly tuning the zh, it almost went just as hard as the cross 8, especially after 100 ks but i was to scared to go further than 160 as it would shake something shocking after 140 ks. Out of all the cars ive had i miss the vk the most.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
all good man! no need to apologise....we all love a bit of comedy once in a while.

why don't you find a Cortina and put that clevo into it...if u cant let go of the motor that is.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Ford in Holden does not compute.

LS1 would be a better idea.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Ford in Holden does not compute.

LS1 would be a better idea.
its just as much hassle fitting an LS engine. Plus he already has one.

Veight Man: What wrong with the Holden Motor?

brockzila

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
its just as much hassle fitting an LS engine. Plus he already has one.

Veight Man: What wrong with the Holden Motor?

At least you can buy kits for the LS1 to bolt up, mounts, trans crossmember, exhaust etc

Go the holden motor i would look for someone to swap for sure