Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vk starting issue

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
New fuel has been put in and old was drained out, there’s fuel going into the carbo through the line, not sure on what the needle and seat is sorry

The seat is the part of the carby that the fuel line bolts into at the carby...Inside that seat, is what is called the needle....That needle must slide easily in the seat and it also should seal off the seat properly. Both the needle and seat are brass pieces...

So unbolt the fuel line (13MM) and then with a 14MM or 9/16, unbolt the seat, being careful not to drop the needle out.....Check the needle moves freely within the seat....Also whilst you have the seat removed, check you have fuel just inside the carb area, where the seat goes. This might go a little ways to solving the problem you have

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
All I can say is, you don't read stuff to well, so best you stick your nose out, because you have no useful advise...
Well if you read the OP post 13 he did say the car was getting fuel, before you went on your check for fuel crusade looking like an expert, so don’t make things up.

I don’t have $50 000 in tools with google and not classed as an eggspert ..... but something smells fishy in this post, seems some user is coaching the fabricated questions to be asked and then has the answer to follow up the debacle to look like they have useful advice to an apparent novice. Good luck with that but you won’t catch any snapper.

Really how hard is it to diagnose the OP post if you have stated you have apparently done 2 gas disconnections before on Gen 1 cars purrfectly without any issues.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well if you read the OP post 13 he did say the car was getting fuel, before you went on your check for fuel crusade looking like an expert, so don’t make things up.

I don’t have $50 000 in tools with google and not classed as an eggspert ..... but something smells fishy in this post, seems some user is coaching the fabricated questions to be asked and then has the answer to follow up the debacle to look like they have useful advice to an apparent novice. Good luck with that but you won’t catch any snapper.

Really how hard is it to diagnose the OP post if you have stated you have apparently done 2 gas disconnections before on Gen 1 cars purrfectly without any issues.

Getting fuel briefly.....You see it starts and runs BRIEFLY, then shuts off.....So my first port of call is, is it constantly getting fuel to keep it running

And not true...You are an expert...Expert crap artist

Last edited: