Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VS Statesman

Jake9494

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VS II 1998
Hey guys, I'm new here, so feel free to teach me the ropes, so to speak :p

I just brought a VS Statesman yesterday, so it's all very exciting. I just had a few questions I hope you could help me out with.

1) What is the difference between the VS II Statesman and Caprice?
2) This might sound silly, but, I can't seem to find any cup holders anywhere. Am I just blind, or did the Holden designers just forget?
3) What is the best way to clean the velour interior? A friend of mine suggested I remove the seats and blast it with a pressure washer, but they thought of that make me shiver, although I can see how it would work for cloth seats, velour concerns me.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!!! :D

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
as far as i remember caprice is a fully optioned statesman with the biggest engine, v8 or super6.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You could try some upholstery cleaner in a spray can but I wouldn't be using a pressure washer.

bandidoben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon
cup holders mate. lift up the arm rest and you will see at the front lip if you pull the vynl back a bit the cup holders should come out. statesmans all came with them just holden covered them up so people couldnt use them for some reasn!

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
cup holders r in the arm rest but u need to take the top off it and crack the plastic welds not all caprices come with the big engines mines only a 6, caprices have mirrors in the roof for the passangers not sure if stato's do my caprice had rear auto ride height adjust so when more people hop in it stays at stock height, pretty sure the interor is different also , front grill door moulds? and the second tone is a different colour

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
On my old caprice all the interior including door trims, seats etc was leather. I had a V6 Stato which also had factory audio controls mounted in the roof about half-way down the car for passengers in the rear seats.

Jake9494

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VS II 1998
Well, I see what you mean about the cup holders. That's rather unintuitive. I feel like I'm going to break it, can you tell me exactly what I need to do? :)

One more thing, I have the stock Eurovox stereo deck, and the LCD screen isn't lit, is this normal? It is rather annoying...

Apart from that, I am in love with it.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
One more thing, I have the stock Eurovox stereo deck, and the LCD screen isn't lit, is this normal? It is rather annoying...

Before I replaced my stock headunit in my VS Berlina my Eurovox one did the same thing, so it could be a common thing. Had to change stations etc when I passed under a street light :)