Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VS V8 transmission cooler lines

Sammyscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Calais 5L
Hi
I'm hoping someone could help me. I got a Holden VS 5L Series 1 and as you know series 1 has different transmission cooler lines than the series 2. My ones are pushed on and have clamps from the radiator to oil lines. Just like a radiator hose setup. Series 2 have the hoses screwed together like a bolt setup. Similar to the air con lines. I got a mate wreaking a series 2 Calais but its a V6. Its got the transmission cooler lines I want but want to know if it will fit on my V8? Or is there a way I can fit them from box to the radiator? I had my flywheel changed and the mechanic who did the job bent my transmission lines and left them rubbing up against my exhaust. I tried bending them back but its still not the same. Just want to take them off and do it properly. The series 1 style always leak or weep. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Simply answer..............No.

The shape of the V6 units is totally different to the shape of the V8's, also if I recall correctly the fittings at the Trans are different in size or configuration. Happy though to be corrected on that issue.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Totally different. Two options are to purchase a second hand set of headlines or use AN flexible lines.

Headlines are always the better option.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Thanks for confirming that EYY

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If the mechanic who did the flywheel change stuffed up the transmission cooler lines, should it be his issue to fix up rather than yours?