Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vx Rear number plate lights, parking lights and dash lights not working

jallal26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
i bought LEDs for my number plate light. befor i soldered them i used some insulation tape to wire them together just to see if their working and they did. so just before i was about to solder them the positive and negative wires must have touched eachother, one sparked and now i have no number plate lights, parker lights or dash light??!!! any one no the problem? do these lights have a fuse? if so were is it because i could not find it, and do they all run under the same fuse? my brake lights and reverse lights still work by the way.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Yes, the fuse is under the steering column in the fuse panel, I'm sure it's a seperate fuse for the lights you mentioned. You can buy LEDs that fit without any soldering.

jallal26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
alright then, do you know what the fuse is called? and thats to late haha becuase i already cut my old globes of :/

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Interior illumination,parking lights. First fuse up the top in the left hand row.

inSight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VX
Interior illumination,parking lights. First fuse up the top in the left hand row.

Bought LED lights for the number plates and they were plug'n'play. Nice and bright.

How do you get access the the fuses under the steering column? Not sure of the procedure as all my other cars where very easy access with just a small fuse box near the throttle.

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
A good lesson in disconnecting the battery before cutting and soldering live wires.

Every exterior light on my car bar headlights is LED. All plugged straight in to the existing socket.

jallal26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
yeah all good was the f4 park lamps fuse, will go buy one of them tomorrow. and to get to the fuse box under the dash just pull down the little leaver under your stearing wheel and pull the steering wheel down a little, then from the sides of the fuse cover also pull down on it and it should unclip.