Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VY Driving grill

Alec7565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berina 5.7Ltr
hey guys,
not sure what its called but its a grill but its where the driving lights fit.. on a holden VY berlina.. has anybody got any ideas on where to get that grill????

cause i wanna put them in mine. but ill need the grill with the lights etc..

Cheers
Alec

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
hey guys,
not sure what its called but its a grill but its where the driving lights fit.. on a holden VY berlina.. has anybody got any ideas on where to get that grill????

cause i wanna put them in mine. but ill need the grill with the lights etc..

Cheers
Alec

Hi, not sure about the berlina, but I do know on my VY SS they do not make them and did for the VZ's so I had to have a custom grill made to fit the lower section on my bar.

Alec7565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berina 5.7Ltr
There is one..
a VY Berlina Calais version has one..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
There is one..
a VY Berlina Calais version has one..

Hey Alec

Sorry, sold my VY 2 Berlina lower grille last year for $40. They cost about $110 new from Holden - probably your best bet.

If you are up to it, you can convert your existing Series 1 grille to take the lights. The grille is the same part for Series 1 and 2 Berlina, it just has the holes for the lights cut out and the surrounds then clipped on the Series 2. The mounting holes for the lights should be already there, moulded into your existing grille. I don't know if the light surrounds are available separately, but if they are, it would be cheaper to modify your existing lower grille.

You might be able to remove the grille without having to take off your bumper. It's held in with two screws and a number of strong plastic clips all the way around the grille. However, if you fit the lights, you will have to take the bumper off to reinstall the grille due to very tight space between the bumper and the chassis rails.