Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VY Vibrations

Alec7565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berina 5.7Ltr
hey guys.

I seem to getting bad vibrations not alot in the steering wheel but i can feel it there, but i'm getting vibrations from high speeds to 130kmph upwards..

Any ideas??

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
130kmh...UPWARDS! :p, have you had your tyres balanced and/or aligned recently?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yea, get your wheels balanced and you should be able to take it well past 200, when you hit around 180-200 you'll find your vehicle should get a LOT more responsive, handles better and grips better.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Yea, get your wheels balanced and you should be able to take it well past 200, when you hit around 180-200 you'll find your vehicle should get a LOT more responsive, handles better and grips better.

ahhhhh what now?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
andyman, i'm not saying to do that on a public road, but if you do take a VY or VZ (Supercharged 6 or SS) up at those speeds they become more responsive. Maybe the rear spoiler that was on the vehicles might've done a little bit too to lower the rear ends at those speeds?

shyun

Reaction score
Members Ride
ED
swap the front and back wheels, then youll see if it's wheel related. Fixed the vibrations on my car:p

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
andyman, i'm not saying to do that on a public road, but if you do take a VY or VZ (Supercharged 6 or SS) up at those speeds they become more responsive. Maybe the rear spoiler that was on the vehicles might've done a little bit too to lower the rear ends at those speeds?

Somehow I doubt that Holden tested their spoiler in a wind tunnel. Sure, it may have some sort of aerodynamic effect at high speed but that could also be a negative effect.