Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VZ Commodore Parabolic Headlamps

Dashman1967

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SVZ
Have just purchased a new set of VZ SS factory parabolic headlamps - my question is this when headlamps are on and high beam is flashed both the main beam and high beam globes are on but when I switch to high beam the main bean is off and only the high beam is on - is this normal or do I have a problem

Last edited by a moderator:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Technically this is normal because the standard headlights are wired so that the low beam filament in the h4 globe turns off when you flick to high beam and the highbeam filament turns on. Since your new lights only have a single filament in the main beam globe it now turns off as there is no high beam filament to turn on if that makes sense. I dont know if there is an easy fix but im pretty sure you could wire a diode in the fuse box wiring under the bonnet to trigger the low beam relay when the high beam trigger is triggered.

Take it to any decent auto sparkie and they should be able to do it.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No need for an auto sparkie.
This question is mentioned a lot on here.
This was posted years ago on LS1.com
I did not produce this, and it is solving the same issue on an earlier model but the solution is about the same.

I apologise to the author, I haven't sort permission to post it, but can only assume it was created to help others.

Attachments

• Headlight Mod.pdf
    105.4 KB · Views: 169