Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden VZ Differential Help !

VE1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Caprice V8
Hey guys

I have recently baught a reconditioned 3.91 tightened LSD diff. Me and a couple of my mates are going to remove my old one and chuck in the new one
on the weekend. Overnight i was just thinking about everything to make sure we do it right as i want the tight lsd to lock up nicely when i take corners,
and also on stand-stills dry or wet.

The point im stuck on now is diff oil. I dont know what to do how much to put it, what lsd additive wtf :S , i heard if you put too much additive
that the clutch will always slip in the diff and it will basically be like an open diff, and if you put too little then it will shutter alot which isnt bad is it?:lock:

What oil do i use? a brand name and exact product name and where to buy? plus what additive and how much to put in would be really helpful

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Why would you want it to "lock up nicely" when taking corners? The idea of a diff is to help you get around a corner.

Anyway.

SAF-XA by Castrol.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I used castrol lsx in mine. Burnouts and lsd's don't go well together if that's how you're planning on treating it.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I used castrol lsx in mine. Burnouts and lsd's don't go well together if that's how you're planning on treating it.

I think he wants that hektic chirp you get from a locked diff when you try turning corners in carparks/parking.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
That hetick chirp when turning is from a welded diff

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
google castrol lube guide, it will tell you what type of oil you need. Just buy the one with the lsd additive already in. You just fill it up until it starts coming out the filler plug hole, so you cant overfill it.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
buy it from supercheap, autobarn, repco, bursons etc..

VE1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Caprice V8
I was kidding obviously about that lock up.. Just want it to be easier when i slide so i dont single out and go into a pole
as often as it would happen with an open diff

To everyone who actually helped me, thank yous <3

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I was kidding obviously about that lock up.. Just want it to be easier when i slide so i dont single out and go into a pole
as often as it would happen with an open diff

To everyone who actually helped me, thank yous <3

If you're struggling to control your car as it is, I'm sorry to say that an lsd won't help that.